CD Promo Samplers

I don’t think it’s a sampler, but a true cd release or promo release. Japan is notorious for repacking songs and making new collections because they are so popular there. I bet I have 25 different ones on cd and vinyl, maybe more. They just used the same cover artwork from the first edition of the anthology which was rereleased a few years later, with different and cover similar to Randy’s book. Harry explained the differences on another thread. Very thoroughly I might add. Karen’s “My Memories” is another example of that. Good catch Newville Fan btw.

Okay, technically is says sampler on the back cover, not for sale, made to look like the first Anthology box cd/vinyl set from 1989 which was released the same year as Lovelines.
It’s very expensive on a EBay.

Yeah, that "ANTHOLOGY"-looking sampler appears to have been pressed right between the time of the ANTHOLOGY CD release and the FROM THE TOP box set. It appears that they had the LOVELINES tracks available and they were also re-releasing ANTHOLOGY, which had been an LP set from back in 85. So they started this promo disc with five tracks from LOVELINES, and all the rest are from ANTHOLOGY. Probably an advance for radio stations.

I am sure most of you are familiar with the IF I HAD YOU sampler CD. I used to have it on a tape as well. But I think the the tape was a comercial release available in stores back then. So cool to see Karen Carpenter name on it.

Here is a photo of my sampler cd and also a Japanese Cd titled Carpenters "The Best II" that I recently acquired. I am still looking for the "The Best I" volume. Can't help but loving the cover of this cd.

There is no information on the year it was released though.

If I Had You / Carpenters Best II

After waiting about 2 1/2 years, I finally found this cd at a decent price. It’s still pretty rare as far as I can tell. One copy has been on EBay @ $300.00 for about that length of time now. Glad to finally have it though. Thank you to Jorge, for the post.

I'm still trying to find this one! I did manage to land "Karen In My Memories" by way of a friend from Japan.

Back
Top Bottom