Chaz Jankel box set

LPJim

Staff member
Cherry Red Records plans to release a 5 disc Chaz Jankel box set in November. It will contain his work on A&M plus bonus material. Preorder early and receive a signed postcard.

Last edited:
Oh, this is a "must buy" for me. Questionnaire is one of my favorite albums of 1982, with no "dud" tracks IMHO. All the others have at least a couple great tunes. But it looks like there might be a few extended mixes missing form the bonus disc -- I'll have too check that out when I get home and peruse my Jankel 12' inchers...

--Mr Bill

My box set arrived today from the U.K. Here's the back cover, front and signed postcard. Can't wait to open and give this a spin.

Attachments

• 0112211652.jpg
    0112211652.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 0112211651.jpg
    0112211651.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice!

I like how it says"licensed from Chaz Jankel" as opposed to "licensed from A&M or Uni" which indicates Mr. Jankel is among the artists who have retrieved the rights to their recordings. Something my I.R.S. fave Skafish has detailed on his own web pages. In a nutshell, courts have ruled if a label (or a publisher) allows a recording (or a book) to go out of print for a length of time, the artist (or author) can petition that the label/publisher is denying them income from their work and can regain the rights to their creation. (Not as big a problem with publishers/authors as those contracts give a set window with the option to reprint/keep in print).

--Mr Bill

Back
Top Bottom