Choosing 20 Track of RPO Part 2 (No Christmas Songs)

I know i already did my list of 20 but one that i would love to hear is one love i know its in my list but i feel that this song would be a standout. Either one love or a re done road ode would be beautiful with added orchestration. I would love to hear some call and response between the chorus and some violins with some horns.

I hope that Richard sees this thread and that he knows there is an audience for this. Although if a Vol. 2 gets done, and the budget is a consideration, maybe we don't need the RPO. How about the Los Angeles Philharmonic (recorded at Disney Hall), or New York Philharmonic, or Chicago Symphony Orchestra?

Overture
Now
Those Good Old Dreams
Let Me Be The One
All You Get From Love Is a Love Song
Sing
Bless The Beasts And Children
Only Yesterday
Desperado
The Uninvited Guest
Happy
I Can't Make Music
Solitaire
I'm Caught Between Goodbye And I Love You
Trying To Get The Feeling
If We Try
Make Believe It's Your First Time (Maybe even use the solo LP version)
You're The One
I Won't Last A Day Without You
Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft (Make it even more over the top!!)

I hope that Richard sees this thread and that he knows there is an audience for this. Although if a Vol. 2 gets done, and the budget is a consideration, maybe we don't need the RPO. How about the Los Angeles Philharmonic (recorded at Disney Hall), or New York Philharmonic, or Chicago Symphony Orchestra?

Overture
Now
Those Good Old Dreams
Let Me Be The One
All You Get From Love Is a Love Song
Sing
Bless The Beasts And Children
Only Yesterday
Desperado
The Uninvited Guest
Happy
I Can't Make Music
Solitaire
I'm Caught Between Goodbye And I Love You
Trying To Get The Feeling
If We Try
Make Believe It's Your First Time (Maybe even use the solo LP version)
You're The One
I Won't Last A Day Without You
Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft (Make it even more over the top!!)
You mentioning the solo track got me to thinking...Richard stated years back that he'd like to orchestrate one of Karen's solo songs, "somethings missing" I think. Why not include it here...and heck, why not one of their previously unreleased tracks like "all my life" from 1980.

why not one of their previously unreleased tracks like "all my life" from 1980.

I’ve wondered for some time why Richard has said “all done” when he’s previously mentioned there are still a couple of tracks like this one that have a complete lead and could be released. Maybe he got cold feet about it/them being good enough after all, which is a shame. Karen never recorded anything less than stellar work leads and a crisp 2021 RC arrangement and production would rescue even the most average of tracks.

You mentioning the solo track got me to thinking...Richard stated years back that he'd like to orchestrate one of Karen's solo songs, "somethings missing" I think. Why not include it here...

Other than “Something’s Missing”, I don’t think there’s a single solo outtake he’d ever consider. “Love Makin’ Love To You” is complete but I think that’s so far outside the ballpark for him to ever consider for release. Although never say never...he agreed to release “Makin’ Love In The Afternoon” :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom