Chris Montez / Erin Gray / TIME AFTER TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
timeaftertimefrnt.jpg

If I'm reading things correctly over the Steve Hoffman Forum, the young lady on the cover of Chris Montez' TIME AFTER TIME is Erin Gray, actress and model. If you're a member there, it's in this thread:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=103085

And if one is to believe Erin Gray's biography at Wikipedia, she was born in 1950, and would have been 16 at the time of the Chris Montez cover photo.

For those who aren't familiar with Erin Gray, she was first a model (apparently the first L'Oreal "I'm worth it" lady) and later went into acting, playing Col. Wilma Deering of the BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25th CENTURY TV show in the late '70s, and in the '80s was in the sitcom SILVER SPOONS.

I just find this fact fascinating, yet other than the Steve Hoffman mention, I can't find any other confirmation of the fact. But since he seems to know her personally, I guess it's likely true!

Harry

I may be wrong, but that doesn't look like the Erin Gray who played Wilma Deering. She looks older than 16, too.

I recall at the time they were casting Buck Rogers both Erin Gray and Linda Gray tried out. One got the part and the other ended up being cast on one of those boring gawdawful 80's prime time soaps. NBC wanted the other Gray as Wilma Deering , but when they called the producers they described her as "the brunette one" (or "the blonde one" -- my memory fails at my age) and Erin had dyed her hair between the tryout and the actual casting. So NBC really wanted Linda Gray as Wilma Deering. If I was home in San Dieog wioth access to my library of Starliog Magazines I could get the straight story...

--Mr Bill

I think the short haircut and the sixties frock-dress tend to make her look older than she is. According to her bios, her family moved to California when she was fifteen and she began her modelling career, so the timing works out.

The face looks to be the right shape, and she is a natural brunette. For the second season of BUCK ROGERS she was permitted to go back to her more natural hair color.

ErinGray%20brown%20hair.jpg

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom