Chris Montez & Rare Earth at the Woodward Dream Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_66_Fan

According to yesterday's (Aug. 14th) Oakland (MI) Press newspaper 'Woodward Dream Cruise Guide' insert, Chris Montez is scheduled to appear on Saturday, Aug. 17th at "Bowser's Rock & Roll Party", Phoenix Center Main Stage, downtown Pontiac, Michigan as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise. I'm sure most of you have heard of this, the "...world's largest one-day celebration of the car culture"! He'll be performing (with two other performers) sometime between 6:30 - 10:00 pm there.
Rare Earth is scheduled for the night before (Friday) at 8:30 pm, same locale.
There are numerous other activities and performers Friday night and Saturday along the Cruise's 16 mile length; if you're in the Detroit area and don't mind the traffic congestion, drop in and blow your mind....

If I didn't have an early AM meeting, and didn't have to watch the kids all day, I'd probably head down there. A friend of mine has relatives who own a shop on Woodward at 8-1/2 Mile Rd., and they hang out there all day. But headed up toward Pontiac, I'd probably take my one Montez CD with me and have it autographed. :)

Never have been to the dream cruise, mainly for the congestion. (I did get stuck in the Downriver cruise one year, which takes place on Fort St.) If I go, I'd like to be in it, cruising in a convertible Wildcat. :D There's actually a white convertible Buick Invicta Indy pace car from 1959 or 1960 up for auction on eBay. Hmmmm...

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom