chris montez the more I see you/call me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

hey guys I like this design, one quick question, does anyone know the release date year for the album by chris montez the more I see you / call me?
thanks
bob papp

Bob--from what I can tell, The More I See You/Call Me was released in 1966.

chrismontez.jpg

-= N =-

I've been doing a little hunting on the web for more Chris Montez information. One thing I did find out was that he had recorded his dance/rock hits in the early 60's, and dropped out of the music business briefly to finish school. At first he didn't take up A&M's offer of a contract, but relinquished after a couple of months. While he didn't particularly go for the idea, he was persuaded to sing more in a middle-of-the-road/ballad style that he was not entirely comfortable with. Once out of A&M, he recorded a variety of albums that tapped into his early rock and Tex Mex/Chicano roots, and had greater success in Europe.

This may explain why his A&M albums always did sound uncomfortable, IMHO...

-= N =-

thanks guys for your reply, another quick question, did Julius wechter play
marimba on the more i see you /call me album? it sounds like him.
bob papp

Most likely Julius did play on that album, and to my ears, it sounds like Pete Jolly (or maybe Roger Kellaway) on some of the piano parts. It was likely A&M's "studio gang" that would have played on it, meaning it could have included one or two TJB or Baja members.

-= N =-

. . . his 1966 single "There Will Never Be Another You" (A&M #810) was the last known Columbia-pressed A&M 45 to bear label-copy artwork from that company's Pitman, N.J. pressing plant (that is, the East Coast pressings) until Herb Alpert's (and A&M's) first #1 single, "This Guy's In Love With You" (#929). In the interim, label copy artwork on Columbia-pressed A&M singles and LP's was almost exclusively supplied by Columbia's Santa Maria, Calif. factory (and prior to 1966, by Los Angeles-based Bert-Co Press).

thanks again for answering the question. and one comment on that new bmb 3 set cd, sound quality is excellent now I wish they would reissue all of the bmb albums on cd maybe cissy that the rights who knows.
bob papp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom