"Christ is born" / Karen's longest single breath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyv

I don't know if I heard it right but it seems at the end of "Christ is born" that Karen just took one breath to sing "Alleuia, Alleuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuia."
That ending must be about 5 bars. Try singing with her, it's simply not possible if you're not well trained.

Kenny

Isnt the last burst of song from Without A Song (re-recorded in 1980 by K&R) longer?

Stephen

Thanks for fixing that Harry! :)

I think that Karen sang "Alleluia, Alleluuuuuuuia" together without pausing for breath and her projection was amazing here. "Without a soooooong" seems very long at the end but technically they're easier to sing with just a few syllables plus the orchestral/choral part pretty much overshadowed Karen's voice. She was totally superb when it came to singing Christmas songs without any of that overdubbing techniques thrown in.

Kenny

Oooh, I just love those long single breath phrases that Karen sang. Even live on stage:

Those last words "I love theeeeem" in the song Sometimes, performed live in Japan 1974 and also "You've got the sweet lips to kiiiiiiiiiss me goodnight" in the song From This Moment On live in London 1976... She does it with such ease and control and those notes seem to be going on endlessly... beautiful!

But also of course where it is less obvious that it's one single breath like "time and time again the chance for love has passed my by and all I know of love is how to live without it" in Goodbye To Love from 1972... I'm always a little out of breath whenever I try to sing along with that bit the way Karen recorded it :D

Greg

From This Moment On and 1976 TV Special version of Rainy Days ....where Karen holds the last note beautifully would be 2 other songs with long notes :cool:

Peter

And I bet she could have stretched it further if she put on more weight and maintained proper fitness routine. It was rather exhausting the way Karen sang with long breath like that all the time, somehow she made it sound so easy and natural. Thank you Karen :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom