🎄 Holidays! Christmas Album remaster*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the remastered Christmas Album at Hollywood's Amoeba Music yesterday. To me it's a real revelation. It sounds just "right". I can recall my disappointment when getting the first Christmas Album CD back in 1987. The sound was not really improved from the vinyl at all, quite the opposite. The new remastering has the full sound and separation that the recording deserves. A major improvement.

- greetings from L.A. (temporarily)

Martin

Looks like the LP version of Christmas Album is being delayed, at least by Amazon. I got an e-mail saying it's release date is now December 1st.

I am quite surprised that I have made it all the way to the-day-after-Christmas without even--once!--hearing Herb Alpert's "The Christmas Song"...! (It used to play on the speakers at work, for many years, and always heard it, since working there my first Holiday season...!)

Did everyone get tired of me stopping work to sing along with it and "trumpet" to it?! :jester:

Well, it's featured on our Home Page, as a video, so I'm going over there to play it now... (Side-note: No "My Favorite Things" coming as a surprise-play on the radio, either... --Bummer!) :freak:

-- Dave

Last edited:
I took out my cd copy of the Tjb christmas album christmas day. And played it all the way through. And it felt like i was 13 all over again ( which was the year i first heard this album on vinyl during the christmas season 1980.) That particular christmas was a very special one for me in many ways.

Can't recall if I mentioned it above, but I probably heard it from age five or so. When we got the Magnavox console for the living room, that was one of several stereo LPs my dad had purchased to go along with it. (Everything prior to Ninth we had in mono.) I bought a used copy in the mid 80s, as ours had wear from the Magnavox, and it is my go-to copy for nostalgia purposes. :D As good as the 180g version sounds, I'm still keeping that original.

see my mom and grandmother back in the 60's all bought me the tjb albums and all of them are in mint both cover and record. to this day. see a lot of people that I went by back in the day all had console stereos and I remember seeing them stack the vinyl records on top of

each other so when was played the next one would drop, and in time, a lot of people do not notice this, but after a while you would see fine scratches on the record. that is why I always played them one at a time with a good cartridge. and not those

cheap ceramic cartridge. either have a diamond or a sapphine stylus,

bob

Whoever the chorus on the CHRISTMAS ALBUM was/is: it's the same people who do "South American Getaway" on the BUTCH & SUNDANCE soundtrack. However, hearing the bass vocalist take "gulps" into the mike is one of those goosebump listening moments(!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom