Christmas Q&A questions submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a little behind toward the end of 2022, so the piece still has to be produced! I'd hoped to have it done by Christmas Eve, but it didn't happen. The good news is, of course, I have a lot of supporting media (raw audiotape clips with Richard, images, and perhaps a brief clip of Play a Simple Melody) that I plan to use).

I figure I can still create a standalone piece on Christmas regardless of the time of year, so it will be the topic of my next installment, which I hope to have published in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your patience!

Christmas has come and gone. What happened to the Q&A? And more importantly the A? :laugh:
I have a lot of supporting media (raw audiotape clips with Richard, images, and perhaps a brief clip of Play a Simple Melody) that I plan to use).

Such a shame Richard won't agree to release the whole song. It's adorable - I was stunned to hear how alike Agnes sounds to Karen. It's of no (monetary) value to anyone as an unreleased track that he owns the copyright to, but of huge sentimental value to us diehards.

I can’t remember the source but I’m sure I’ve read that the album was indeed conceived as a double LP
http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/Album_ChristmasCollection.htm said:
Karen and Richard recorded so much Christmas material (“We went crazy,” Richard says) that they toyed with the idea of releasing a double album. Instead, they released a full single disk. They packed nearly 50 minutes of music onto the album – which was pushing the limits back in the days of vinyl LPS.

Even back then, they could’ve divided what was released across 2 discs to improve the sound quality. As it is the dynamic range of the LP is not as good because of the narrower micro grooves in order to pack in the hour of music.

Do you suppose that if all the material from CP and AOFC was combined into a double album like what was originally planned that it would have sold even better than it did?

Chris, thank you for offering these q&a sessions for fans. This question is not specific to Christmas but certain is relevant. We have all noticed how good Karen was at lip synching, it usually looks like she really is singing: from her breath to her facial expressions. Was she actually audibly singing along to her recordings when she had to lip-synch songs for TV specials?

The episode is now live. I've created a thread specifically for this video, which can be found here:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom