Christmas Waltz

Mark-T

Just listening to "Portrait". There's just something about Christmas Waltz that moves me. I mean, it doesn't move me in the same way their spiritual Christmas songs do, but there's a warm majestic feeling about the song and the way its sung that seems to start the Season for me. A decades long favorite!

It's such perfection. There's magic in that first line in particular... Her voice with minimal accompaniment, those lyrics, and that richness when she hits the lower notes. So many fans, family, and friends have been touched by that one through the years. It's a favorite. I used to hear it more on radio years ago, but haven't heard it played in recent times. Have any of you heard it on air at all lately? The Carpenters version is definitive for so many.

Just listening to "Portrait". There's just something about Christmas Waltz that moves me. I mean, it doesn't move me in the same way their spiritual Christmas songs do, but there's a warm majestic feeling about the song and the way its sung that seems to start the Season for me. A decades long favorite!

Karen finally breaking into song after a lengthy buildup, never fails to send chills cascading down my spine. Absolutely love the song...For all the reasons you mentioned! :)

So many have done it since but have not captured the magic that the Carpenters did!! Someone said something like this (maybe one of the Corrs?) before in the documentaries that she could sing their songs - easy - but they can’t be duplicated. Her voice gave the song a quality like no other. To me, Christmas songs are a perfect match for Karen Carpenter. From the vocal clarity, to the vocal tone, the emotional interpretation is felt in each song.
These comments about the special nature of her talent is what I would like to hear more of in the documentaries.

It's such perfection. There's magic in that first line in particular... Her voice with minimal accompaniment, those lyrics, and that richness when she hits the lower notes. So many fans, family, and friends have been touched by that one through the years. It's a favorite. I used to hear it more on radio years ago, but haven't heard it played in recent times. Have any of you heard it on air at all lately? The Carpenters version is definitive for so many.

Just heard it last week on satellite radio! It’s truly a classic. Perfect in every way.

I just watched the Christmas specials and though they are corny as hell, I love seeing Karen in her element even if the writing wants her to look stupid. Like when I hear her music, when I watch her having the time of her life I almost forget that she isn’t here with us because she was so in the moment on camera. I feel like I’m in presently with her. You can see how she fooled so many people into thinking she wasn’t going through a private hell.

Its a damn good lyrics, I love to listen to it again and again, the most good thing is this song is in her voice and really I love her voice so this is the main reason to love this song.

Back
Top Bottom