Cinderella Rockafella

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

I really love the Carpenters version of this song. Does anyone know if it is on the internet to listen to. I fell in love with this song, as I think Karen blows this song away with her interpretation and phrasing. It is a fun song, but made very beautiful by Karen's singing of it, with Doug Strawn, I believe.

Cameron Longo
[email protected]

Fun Song - Played by Karen , Doug & Group with Great Energy , Which Belies Often Quoted Criticism that Carpenters Were TOO SOFT AND EASY LISTENING.... :confused:

Richard Should Issue this Track or Even One of the Live Recordings From 1969> 1973 Period on Future Rarities Album / Box Set :)

Peter....Your Navy Music Fan ......

I've always figured "Cinderella Rockafella" would see the light of day when we finally get a live album released in the U.S. If the album were to be made up of live material from throughout their performing career, it could include quite a bit of otherwise-unreleased material -- "Sacre Bleu," "Can't Buy Me Love," "Good Vibrations/Comin' Through the Rye," "Thank You for the Music," the "Grease" medley, etc.

Frankly, I'm glad a studio version of "Cinderella Rockafella" never turned up. It's not that it would be a bad performance; I just think it's an awful song.

I dearly wish there were a finished studio version of "Can't Buy Me Love," though. THAT was a great arrangement and performance of a great song...

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom