🥂 50th CLASSICS SERIES, VOL. 15 - Styx (CD 2513)

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
7807f0cdd7a08bb898d96110.L._AA300_.jpg

Classics, Volume 15 - Styx [1987]
CD 2513

1. Babe
2. Blue Collar Man
3. Come Sail Away
4. Crystal Ball
5. Fooling Yourself
6. Light Up
7. Mr. Roboto
8. Renegade
9. The Best Of Times
10. Don't Let It End
11. The Grand Illusion
12. Suite Madame Blue
13. Too Much Time On My Hands
14. Miss America

Eh, a very so-so set you would do definitely well to pass up (even if leaving a hole in your collection)...!

Why no "Lady"? It was done during their Wooden Nickle years...

Some good tunes, some turn-off ones...

-- Dave

This is a good (but not great) overall compilation that covers the better-known songs for the casual listener. But, sound quality is weak. The later Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits Vol. 2 sound better, and the latter covers some good album tracks. Those two together are a good A&M career overview...and they include a newly recorded version of "Lady" just for the set (which reproduces the original for the most part).

The original album CDs are really due for a good remastering, not the lifeless SHM CDs (does SHM mean "smashed hard music" or what?) that Japan put out. Audio Fidelity did a gold CD of Grand Illusion.

This set was perfect for the occasional Styx listener. My mom fits this category. She has this CD and that's all she will ever have by Styx. I, on the other hand, have no interest in this release because I have all the original albums. Suffice to say that if you don't have anything by Styx, and you're just out for the hits... it's an ok compilation.

I used to have this cd but briefly i was happy to have the hits on cd but friend of mine had better cd versions later after i sold my copy and now i have the better versions i agree the sound quality of this particular collection was not as good as it should have been my late brother had some of the original lps of styx and i agree with rudy on the term smashed hard music which in my opinion would describe many remaster attempts for cds today the goal should be to come as close to true faithful sound quality as possible for all cd reissues however that beingsaid the entire styx discography needs to be reissued and made to sound just as good if not better than the original vinyl versions if at all possible in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom