🥂 50th CLASSICS SERIES, VOL. 5 - Rita Coolidge (CD 2504)

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
411iJ8pyLaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Classics, Volume 5 - Rita Coolidge [1987]
CD 2504

Track Listing:

1. Higher And Higher
2. The Closer You Get
3. Words
4. The Way You Do The Things You Do
5. Only You Know And I Know
6. We've Got Tonight
7. I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love
8. Bye Bye Love
9. You
10. We're All Alone
11. Fever
12. Something Said Love
13. One Fine Day
14. All Time High
15. Crazy Love
16. Love Has No Pride
17. You're So Fine
18. Love From Tokyo
19. Nice Feelin'

This was probably the best entry in the 25th Anniversary Classics series.A&M packed 19 tracks/72 minutes of music on one disc.A career-spanning anthology for Rita,although A&M left out a few important jazz/blues tracks:"My Crew',"Everybody Loves A Winner","Am I Blue","Mean To Me".

Rita remains the only major A&M artist whose catalog(not a single album) has never been issued on CD in the US.

It's funny because her catalog, like her as an artist, gets lost in the shuffle - her persona and music are so laid back......but the truth is, during the late 70s, she was one of the most consistently successful artists at the label and pretty much inescapable at AC radio.....

I must'a only liked her works up to Anytime...Anywhere & avoided anything like "All Time High" (one of friends, a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal fan, sure shocked the hell out of me wanting to keep the radio on that song, "admitting" he liked music to relax to, while we were "station searching" at my house for a good song & here I was turned onto Poison & his stuff!) and the later stuff Rita did, most of it like "Love From Tokyo" that I'm not as familiar with...

As far as any "Greatest Hits"-type of comp' from her, for me goes, it's just Greatest Hits that would ever do anything for me, but like most of the rest of you are saying, this is one of A&M's 25th Ann.'s better sets!

(And how DOES that PURPLE look now????)

-- Dave

Back
Top Bottom