CLOSE TO YOU (ALBUM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpenters

I HAVE GOT IN MY CARPENTERS COLLECTION AN CLOSE TO YOU RECORD (LP). NORMALLY THE RECORD HAS A GREY BACKGROUND WHICH I HAVE A COPY OF, AND IS PRINTED IN LONDON. I HAVE JUST BOUGHT OTHER COPY OF CLOSE TO YOU (LP) BUT THIS ONE HAS BRIGHT YELLOW BACKGROUND AND IS PRINTED IN CALIFORNIA. THIS I THOUGHT WAS A BIT RARE AS I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE AWAY.
PLEASE COULD SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS IS NORMAL.
THANKYOU
SIMON

I've never seen the CLOSE TO YOU album with anything other than the silver/grey background color. My original copy was more of a shiny pewter color, but subsequent pressings were more of a flat grey.

Harry
NP: radio at work

Last evening, we stopped at our local Borders to browse around. I thumbed through the Carpenters section as usual, and there was a copy of CLOSE TO YOU on CD that looked odd. Over in the left hinge window where it usually says "REMASTERED CLASSICS", all I saw was a plain yellow border. I looked more closely and realized that the manufacturer screwed up and put the tray-liner artwork in upside down. So when you flipped the disc over, the track listing was upside down, and the eventual owner of the disc, when they open it up, the inside pictures of the other albums in the series will be upside down.

Quite odd!

Harry
NP: radio at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom