"Close To You" in new cell phone commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actorman

I went to the movies this weekend and one of the commercials before the previews was for a cell phone company (not sure which one) and features "Close To You" sung in Japanese.

I was only half paying attention when it started (until I realized the song) but it has these guys are in a room (a lab, maybe?) and one of them hands another his new cell phone which guy #2 flips open and looks at attentively. He then starts singing a cappella and in Japanese the first couple lines of "Close To You" (which are subtitled in English at the bottom of the screen). At some point, the other guys chime in for a line or two and then by the time they get to the first "close to you" they all sing it together.

Now, what in the world this ad actually means is beyond me, but it's cool to see a Carpenters/Bacharach song continue live on in contemporary pop culture.

Has anyone else seen this commercial?

Scott

I just saw this commercial this weekend - also at the movies, just before WAR OF THE WORLDS.

It's funny, because I also saw the "Top Of The World" Aqua Fina commercial on TV for the first time this weekend as well.

Carpenters everywhere!

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom