"Close to You" in The Simpsons Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actorman

My apologies if this has been mentioned previously...

I watched The Simpsons Movie at a friend's house on New Year's Day and there is one scene which prominently features "Close to You" (the actual Carpenters version.) That was a really nice surprise which added to movie for me.

Yes, I've seen the movie and remember the song being played, too... "Close To You" also got played on a TV episode of THE SIMPSONS, back in the 1990's, as well...

Dave

While we are on a roll of Carpenters songs in movies....The song-Rainy Days and Mondays (original song sung by Karen) was featured in a rare tv movie called "US" made in 1991, one of the last movies of Michael Landon. The song was featured while Michael was wearing headphones working out in jail with weights. Interesting how they chose to incorporate Karen here. It's used in the opening of the movie and the tv listener/viewer hears what Michael is hearing through his headphones, Karen singing, then someone taps him on the shoulders and Michael takes the headphones off and the music stops. It had a nice effect and the moment you hear you know it's Karen. I have this movie on VHS tape when it originally aired back then being a fan of his producing/directing/acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom