• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Complete Singles Collection Available

John Adam

"Two Lives"
Ordered mine today. (I had forgotten!) +$15 shipping to Hawaii. But will be nice to finally have this set.

That was June 1st, my copy is still in transit, still sitting in San Diego. The USPS as much as I value the service, sure has slipped. This was $15 in shipping costs for a CD, and it's four weeks already!

So if you have received your copy, consider yourself fortunate! :)

GDB2LV

The postal service has been really bad since last fall. My packages often get stuck in what’s called the black hole, in Los Angeles. They often send them back to the vendor/seller, or reroute them all the way back to St. Louis or Iowa. It’s happened about 6 times since December. I lost a pair of shoes, and they said a vacuum I ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond wasn’t deliverable, to the store! Their new boss has really screwed them up. I feel for the workers. Most have been very sympathetic to my recovery efforts. Hope your set gets there soon. The irony here is that the set I ordered for Stephen got here in 5 days. Go figure.

Cuyler

Bright colored pinwheels go 'round in my head.
The postal service has been really bad since last fall. My packages often get stuck in what’s called the black hole, in Los Angeles. They often send them back to the vendor/seller, or reroute them all the way back to St. Louis or Iowa. It’s happened about 6 times since December. I lost a pair of shoes, and they said a vacuum I ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond wasn’t deliverable, to the store! Their new boss has really screwed them up. I feel for the workers. Most have been very sympathetic to my recovery efforts. Hope your set gets there soon. The irony here is that the set I ordered for Stephen got here in 5 days. Go figure.
I have an outstanding order of smooth-edged CDs from a seller on eBay that went from Virginia to Guam before coming to me in Hawaiʻi. :sad:

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I worked for years in a radio station in Phila., PA. Every now and then a piece of mail, meant for us as in part of an old contest, would show up months later with a rubber-stamped message:

MIS-SENT TO MANILA

This led us to wonder just how many pieces of mail get mis-sent to Manila that they needed to have a rubber stamp made? :)

Cuyler

Ordered June1, 2021, at last, it is in my hands on July 9, 2021. That may be the longest time in the mail for anything I ever ordered in Hawaii.
I had some social security documents that took 2 months 🙈 ordered them in January, the indicia read February 11, and I received the envelope on April 11. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Cuyler

That's the price you pay for living in paradise! 🌴🥥 :pineapple: 😜
What makes me more sad is that some items don't ship to Hawaiʻi, and some sellers charge shipping here, even though USPS shipping prices are the same because we're a full-fledged U.S. state!

It's always "this special deal does not apply to Alaska and Hawaiʻi" LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom