Concert date*

Buccaneer

Thank you for noting that the Carpenters concert was at SWOSU rather than Northwestern. I was 22 at that time living in Weatherford and working in Clinton. A friend of mine and I had tickets to the concert and were able to attend. We managed to meet and speak with both Karen and Richard after the concert. Both were very friendly and gracious. I did manage to get them to autograph my tickets both of which I still have. It was unforgettable time for music.

Thank you for noting that the Carpenters concert was at SWOSU rather than Northwestern. I was 22 at that time living in Weatherford and working in Clinton. A friend of mine and I had tickets to the concert and were able to attend. We managed to meet and speak with both Karen and Richard after the concert. Both were very friendly and gracious. I did manage to get them to autograph my tickets both of which I still have. It was unforgettable time for music.
Which concert date are you referencing specifically?

They are referring to the "Carpenter's Blizzard" date about which I wrote. My memory was that they performed at Oklahoma's Northwestern State the night before I saw them in Tulsa. Your recently published book says it was Southwestern State. I'm sure your list is more accurate than my memory.

They are referring to the "Carpenter's Blizzard" date about which I wrote. My memory was that they performed at Oklahoma's Northwestern State the night before I saw them in Tulsa. Your recently published book says it was Southwestern State. I'm sure your list is more accurate than my memory.
I perused countless pages of Karen’s itineraries over the course of many months in order to gather the dates and venues for the concert resource data in our book, with the hope of getting it as accurate as possible. 😀

I remember Richard talking all about that trip and the terrible blizzard. In fact it’s all recorded. He said regardless of how cold and dangerous it was, they were having the time of their lives!

Is there is a way for us to hear the recording?

I remember Richard talking all about that trip and the terrible blizzard. In fact it’s all recorded. He said regardless of how cold and dangerous it was, they were having the time of their lives!

Back
Top Bottom