Congratualtions on the new forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Vakil

Neil

I've successfully logged in and am now finding my way araound the site. It all looks very slick!

I will miss the daily digests.... Do you think they'll come with version 2?

All the best!

Stephen

Yes, it's possible that we may have digests. There's a backlog of modifications that the developers are working on approving. I've already seen one lingering that would send individual posts, so that's a start. This version of the forum was just released a couple of weeks ago, so I expect modifications will be quicker in coming.

I'll probably post something in the News forum when I post new modifications, so stay tuned!

-= N =-
...still awake on the other side of the pond...

Still awake? I've just woken up!

Next question, what are the five dots next to contributors' names? I only have one... hope you're not rating us!

Stephen

Actually, it's a rank--the more posts you make, the higher the rank goes. Still adjusting levels--I think it's 25 posts to the first level...then your rank goes to two "bullets" (and "new member" changes to something else, which I'm thinking I might do as "gold," "platinum", etc. like the certifications for gold records, platinum, multi-platinum, etc.). Trying to come up with clever names of ranks that relate to records, or charting, but I'm drawing a blank.

-= N =-

Bravo for the revamped format! The Corner Forum has served as my favorite internet hangout for five years. When days and weeks were busy, however, I would pass by the site due to the time required to properly search through topics. I look forward to utilizing this new, targeted format.

Thank you for maintaining this informative forum. The knowledge, friendship, and support shared so generously by fellow Cornerites is treasured.

Harry wrote:
It has, in fact, been five years for most of us. Old searches on the Internet reveal that the old Fan Contact page appeared to have started in March of 1997. My first concact with the A&M Corner came later that year around August. I recall sending an email to this Rudy fellow, and got back a "Gone Fishin'" message. He was on vacation.

Then Neil wrote:
Aaaah, memories. August, 1997--it had to be one of two trips. First trip was to Cleveland, for the weekend, where we picked up our new Honda CR-V at Jay Honda in Bedford Heights. (There was a 12-week waiting list up here...Jay had a few in stock.) On a Saturday, no less. We got the red carpet treatment when we walked in--I did business with the salesman (ironically named Rudy) completely over the phone and fax, and everyone there was in awe, for some reason. That was around mid August. End of August, we took a week and went to Minneapolis. Returned home the day of the Princess Di fiasco.

Harry wrote:
Thanks Neil, for five great years. Let's keep it going! We haven't exhausted every topic yet!

Then Neil wrote:
Except the dreaded "reissue" thread. :wink: I wish I could have had a lot more of the new and planned features online, but with the old forum crumbling at the seams, I had to get moving on most of the new graphics ASAP.

Looking back: in 1997, the old Contact page had first posts from a few who would become regulars. Steve Sidoruk I'd already known for a few years through Compuserve, as well as Stefan. Mr. Bill signed in during early 1997. And there were one or two names I've seen pop in during the past year who, prior to that, had only made a single post on the Contact page (like Joe Ely Caralles). So, it appears we have some five-year lurkers as well. :wink: Some had contacted me via e-mail, and we actually had some members of a "digest" list who rarely, if ever, posted here but (up until now) received all of our daily messages. The past few years have gone so quickly that five years ago only seems like two.

-= N =-
...nostalgically waxing...

and Harry
...cleaning up after Neil, online...

Paula said:
Bravo for the revamped format! The Corner Forum has served as my favorite internet hangout for five years. When days and weeks were busy, however, I would pass by the site due to the time required to properly search through topics. I look forward to utilizing this new, targeted format.

Cool. As you may have noticed, I've made a separate Mendes/Brazil forum, so I'm hoping that it will spur more conversations by just being available and not having to wade through other posts to find what you're interested in.

Paula said:
Thank you for maintaining this informative forum. The knowledge, friendship, and support shared so generously by fellow Cornerites is treasured.

It has been enjoyable here, also! :D

Thanks!

-= N =-

I think you must've hit "Edit" on my post above, Neil. My original message is within your quote, the post still has my name at the left, but it's clearly a "Rudy" message.

Harry
...allowing for mistakes, online...

Harry said:
I think you must've hit "Edit" on my post above, Neil. My original message is within your quote, the post still has my name at the left, but it's clearly a "Rudy" message.

Y'know, something felt really strange when I was writing that up. Dagnabbit!! I'll go in and add your name to "quote", so at least portions of it will still appear!

I know what happened, too--I hit Edit instead of Quote. (They're right next to each other!!).

Feel free to reconstruct it as a new post, or just knock me upside the head.

Another day, another "oops"....

-= N =-
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: ...and feeling stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom