Corrs news

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that write up above about the official video above was sorta wrong, the Corrs posted a video behind the scenes of that strange video and Andrea says it's about voodoo rituals and the seriousness of finding someone you lost. I've noticed there are a couple references in a few of the new songs from the album that have the lyrics of "You're my voodoo man" and "Prayers float as coloured letters to the Gods" I'm having a hard time with some of this as this goes against my own views. I know we are not suppose to venture off into religion here on the forum but it's in The Corrs new music and video and I'm having a hard time accepting this into their music. Apparently, The Corrs are not Catholic, the internet google shows that 84% of Ireland is Catholic and voodoo rituals would go against the Catholic faith.

I know that White Light is a very personal album but I'm surprised The Corrs have embraced this kind of belief into their music as none of this was ever expressed in their prior albums or lyrics in prior albums. I'm a bit confused by it all.

I'm still looking for time to sit down with the new album and give it a listen. This time of year is always so busy.

As you said, this forum has always had rules about discussion of religion and politics. And I've always tried to keep any artist's beliefs in the background and appreciate the music. The Corrs were VERY attached to both their mom and dad and their passings in the last decade has hit them hard, and obviously they've continued to express their feeling through their music. It started with "No More Cry" on IN BLUE, through "Goodbye" and "Angel" on BORROWED HEAVEN, and now apparently there's some newer grief being expressed on the new album.

If one is to look at The Corrs beliefs, they've done a few Christmas songs, "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)", "O Holy Night" and "Silent Night" in various videos and TV appearances, so I wouldn't put too much stock just yet into them embracing voodoo.

Harry

I've had about 2 runs through's of the new CD and I like most of the songs but not all of them. I normally don't bring up religious beliefs on artists but it hard not to talk about it when they inflict it into their music and video. I won't talk about it anymore but I wish they had just used the Church Studios as the Official Video for Bring On The Night instead of the voodoo one. I actually really like the song, I just need to get that video out of my head and remember the Church Studios version instead.

White Light appears to have a more grown up feel to the lyrics and sound, most of the tracks have a "hollywood feel" while only a few bring back past albums of The Corrs sounds we grew to love from the first albums. While I have only had a few listens all through, the final track, "With My Stay" and "Harmony" remind me of The Corrs I fell in love with on that first album, Forgiven Not Forgotten.

At the moment, the stand out tracks for me are:
I Do What I Like
Bring On The Night
Unconditional
Catch Me When I Fall
With Me Stay (sorta acoustic version, yet don't care for that first line in the lyrics about the Gods)

That video was an unfortunate release, in my opinion. I won't watch it again.

The Corrs were raised Catholic, but from what I've figured from interviews, it doesn't hold sway in their adult lives. Andrea is an avid reader, and she may have penned this song based upon a book. I don't know if she "believes" in the practices in the video or not. She's always seems to have been the wild card of the 4 when it comes to lyric writing.

That video was an unfortunate release, in my opinion. I won't watch it again.

The Corrs were raised Catholic, but from what I've figured from interviews, it doesn't hold sway in their adult lives. Andrea is an avid reader, and she may have penned this song based upon a book. I don't know if she "believes" in the practices in the video or not. She's always seems to have been the wild card of the 4 when it comes to lyric writing.

Yeah, that video has been the downer in this whole release, they really should have thought that one through before releasing it....for me, it doesn't matter whether she believes in the video or not, all 4 of them participated in that video and didn't object to being apart of it that tells me (as an outsider) that the practice of voodooism is not a problem with the 4 of them which really strikes me as a very odd move, especially since this kind of practice goes against the Catholic faith. I'll never watch the video again and I'm still trying to get what I did watch out of my head. It's left a bad taste in my mouth about this CD release. It's really weird because I have Andrea's solo CD 10 Feet High and she never brought into play any of this practice. As I mentioned before I'm really confused by it all. I wonder what their fans are saying about all this.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will be releasing a DVD of all the music videos from the Church Studios in London, seems like there has been about 3 or 4 of them. I like these videos better as they showcase The Corrs as I remember them playing together. I missed this one posted on Christmas Day of "I Do What I Like"

Harry, were you going to post your review of the album or have you not listened yet?

I've managed to find time for exactly one listen - not enough for a review. Bad timing for an album like this to come out between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I feel like I'm shirking my duties!

In fact, while walking the doggie this morning, it occurred to me that I haven't found the time to go 20 miles up the road to EPCOT to see Amy Grant in the Candlelight Processional. She's back this year and did it last night, to which we talked about going, and tonight, the final Processional for the season.

Harry

As it was a live TV appearance, there's no way to buy it until they release a Christmas album. This is the fourth Christmas track I know of from The Corrs:

Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - on one of their DVDs
O Holy Night (Cantique De Noel) - from a Good Morning America appearance
Silent Night - from a Christmas In Washington special
and now The Little Drummer Boy, another TV appearance.

I've captured the audio and added it to my little Corrs At Christmas EP:

santacorrs.jpg

Harry

As it was a live TV appearance, there's no way to buy it until they release a Christmas album. This is the fourth Christmas track I know of from The Corrs:

Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - on one of their DVDs
O Holy Night (Cantique De Noel) - from a Good Morning America appearance
Silent Night - from a Christmas In Washington special
and now The Little Drummer Boy, another TV appearance.

I've captured the audio and added it to my little Corrs At Christmas EP:

santacorrs.jpg

Harry

Looks like I'll be doing the same thing, now I just need to find the videos for these other Christmas songs to make my audio compilation.

Anyone here seen any of The Corrs new shows? I've seen a lot of clips on YouTube and I'm impressed. I'm fast becoming a fan of Ellis Island. Quite an emotional song. And of course I Do What I Like, sounding very Andrea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom