Corrs news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Corrs videos don't last long, but if you do a search for "Corrs Bring On The Night" you can usually find someone who's uploaded the radio broadcast of the song. I just grabbed a copy to play while I wait for the album (November 27th release date), which now has more official artwork:

91CvzFEsccL._SL1425_.jpg

Track list:

1. I Do What I Like
2. Bring On The Night
3. White Light
4. Kiss Of Life
5. Unconditional
6. Strange Romance
7. Ellis Island
8. Gerry's Reel
9. Stay
10. Catch Me When I Fall
11. Harmony
12. With Me Stay

Try https://soundcloud.com/eastwestrecords/the-corrs-bring-on-the-night-first-play-on-bbc-radio-2

Wow, love that cover art photo they picked, it's visually appealing!!! It has a real futuristic feel, so much going on and love how they are standing on water. So cool!!

I've have been good so far and have not listened to the single yet online....I'm trying to wait till I get the CD, I know I'm weird and probably will break down and just listen but I want it to be special experience when I can listen to the whole CD collectively.

So it appears that Amazon UK is the only place to pre-order? I haven't pre-ordered yet and don't see it on US Amazon. I also wonder if CD Japan may offer a bonus track, like they did with Borrowed Heaven, I have to tell you that bonus track Miracle for me was worth the entire price of what it cost at CD Japan, I love that track that much. If they do the same with White Light, I'd end up with 2 CD's. Does anyone remember if the bonus track on Borrowed Heaven from CD Japan was issued much later from the original release? If so I may have to just order it from Amazon UK and then get it again if it shows up on CD Japan. These things drive me crazy. :laugh:

Rick
(Chris Has Exited)

Amazon UK has also provided what looks like the back cover of the CD, another nice shot, really looking forward to this CD. I did listen to a teaser clip of the single and I'm really impressed.

41hgW0h4%2B6L.jpg

I noticed tonight on Amazon US that the new CD is showing 2 more releases both in Dec 2015 with one from Warner Japan.

So I went to Amazon Japan and sure enough they are offering White Light in 2 different amounts:
2654 yen Released Dec 16, 2015 (no photo posted yet)
1720 yen Released Dec 4, 2015 (this one shows the same photo as Amazon UK)

I'm curious about the 2654 yen with the following:
  • ASIN: B017BZVKQ4
  • EAN: 4943674225194
  • Warner Music Japan
I wonder if this will be a CD with a bonus track, since 2654 yen works out to be about $22.00 US and the 1720 yen is about $14.00 US.

The Corrs just released the official video for their single, Bring On The Night" a few hours ago. I did what I said I wasn't going to do, listen to a full song before I get the CD. Wow, terrific video, love this song. Check out the speaker behind Andrea at about 1:51-1:53 it's pulsing.

I feel like I'm the only one here talking about The Corrs...

I just saw on their twitter account they posted the lyrics to the new single for both the single and the radio edit so it appears their will also be a (radio edit). They also indicated Japan will see their release on Dec 16. Amazon appears to have pulled that ASIN # above.

CSl8-6yWIAEWKw_.jpg

Last edited:
They also posted the total running time of the CD with a tag line, Surprises???
I added this up and I'm getting 45:54 so it's about 2 mins short, could they be indicating a bonus with the surprises reference?

CTKWkAIWEAAX6-6.jpg

Rick, thanks for the recent posts on The Corrs. I HAVE been paying attention when I can, but suddenly life has gotten busy. Two days at Disney this week, lots of stuff is happening right now in the various neighborhood groups to which I belong. I had four different meetings/functions today - and through it all I managed to do the big Windows Update today. And yesterday I managed to capture a copy of the Corrs "Bring On The Night" album version that you posted.

Don't know yet about any Japanese bonus tracks. We'll have to keep an eye on that. I've already ordered WHITE LIGHT through Amazon.co.uk.

Harry

I'm anxiously awaiting the new album too. I do like the first single. There's a lot being talked about on Twitter, and those tweets often refer to other media. So that's how I've been aware of what's happening. The publicity machine is grinding up again.

CD Japan is now showing the higher priced CD White Light

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-17048
Approx $20.00

They are also showing the regular CD for approx $13.99

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOIMP-11523

Harry, what do you make of the higher priced CD, from the description it looks like the same tracks, so no bonus tracks listed, do you think this is just a special packaging like maybe a digipak instead of a jewelcase?

I've been holding off on purchasing in case they had a bonus track.

I saw that today too. It surely looks like the Japanese version will be essentially no different from the UK version. There are no bonus tracks listed, or even hinted at. From what I know of the music industry in Japan, the discs they make and sell over there are always more expensive than any other countries. It has to do with the regulation of the industry over there. Basically all CDs made in Japan must cost a certain amount. Whether it has to do with internal taxation or whatever, I don't know, but the result is always that a Japanese-made CD always cost retail between $20 and $25, depending on exchange rates.

My suspicion in this case is that the Japanese version will not be any different musically, but will probably include the extra white booklet with lyrics in Japanese and possibly a liner notes translation into Japanese - and of course, an obi!

Personally, I'm going with the Amazon.co.uk version and if I hear of a bonus track in some part of the world, I'll worry about it later. The UK version is due out on the 27th, the day after Thanksgiving. With a few days for mailing from there, I optimistically hope to see it by December 1st or 2nd. American retailers are listing it as an import with a Dec. 4th release date, but those always seem to run later than the date they list it for.

Harry

Thanks Harry, I went ahead and pre-ordered it from the UK, surprised it was less than $18.00 total that beats the U.S. price. I'm sure if a bonus track appears later I will be buying it as well. I'm surprised a CD single has not appeared with a bonus track. I wonder if they are issuing any singles in CD format like they did years ago from so many different countries. I guess things have changed a lot regarding the music format and releases since they were a group.

The music industry has pretty much abandoned physical promo singles. Radio stations and programmers are given special codes to download watermarked files to be used on-air, eliminating the need for physical discs. It's a shame too, as I always loved the chase of finding those promo discs.

Harry

Amazon Canada is selling the CD for $31.78. That's pretty expensive, but still less than half what I paid for Harriet's Christmas CD! :rolleyes: Thankfully, there are only a small handful of artists that I collect anymore, otherwise I'd soon have to declare bankruptcy! :laugh:

BTW, iTunes is selling the digital download of "White Light" for only $9.99! Too bad I must have the physical CD - to file on the shelf with the rest of my Corrs CDs!

It's amazing the difference in price, it just seems like over the years they are pushing people to download instead of purchasing physical CD's. I found it kind of amusing that when Harriet released her music it was basically downloads from sound hound and then downloads from iTunes but then the fans started requesting physical CD's and it must have been a lot of fans for Harriet to actually make an announcement that she would be making this available and now we are seeing more physical CD's from her...so can an artist gauge what age group is listening to their music in this respect? I would bet that it was NOT the younger group (meaning under 30) asking her for physical CD's. I'm glad she listened though.

That's why I prompted this question because The Corrs have a huge following and when they started it was so many CD's and CD singles and bonus tracks on those CD's it was so much that it would get crazy trying to keep it all straight what country had this and what was issuing that. So take the same Corrs fan's today that were listening back then and it's all changed and it mostly just downloads and no CD singles, it kind of takes the fun out but I'm glad they are issuing a physical CD.

I just watched an interview video on their facebook, it's the first time I have heard them really address coming back and now is the right time and that they never intended to leave forever. I also heard part of another song. I'm trying not to listen to any tracks online except for the single. I wonder if the title track, White Light is an instrumental or a lyric track, can't wait.

Amazon Canada is selling the CD for $31.78.
I'm glad that I waited and didn't pre-order the CD at that inflated price! Amazon.co.uk has put it on sale now (6.99 pounds, down from 9.99). I got it for under $18 Canadian dollars shipped! :D

I wasn't sure about Bring on the Night at first. But I find that it's in my head and I start singing it occasionally. So it's growing on me. Love the harmonies when they perform it live.

So what do you think of the official promo video for "Bring On The Night" it seems they now have 2 different videos for this single. This one also appears to be a radio edit? I was a bit confused when I first saw it then I saw someone post what they believe the video means on you tube. Interesting analysis.

A you tube poster says this:
0:15 Andrea walking barefoot represents that, in this time of pain, she is no longer a powerful and famous artist, but now she is humble. Walking barefoot on the floor it's like she is nude without all the farses of the world.
0:24 Their astonishment in the face of death.
1:06 When she heard of his death, she got without breathing as if she were to die too. And her world turned upside down (the 2 heads together turning)
1:33 When Andrea was fleeing from the darkness of her mother's death (white man), she was caught again by the darkness of her father's death (black man).
1:50 So, Andrea decides do not fight against the darkness anymore, repeating to herself "I'm not afraid of you"
2:12 The enormous desire of Andrea by find a way to communicate with her loved ones, happens.
2:34 The mirror obviously represents the separation between the world of the living and the dead.
3:09 Andrea has the courage to across through this separation of worlds. But she is expelled from death (strong light). Death: "Your place is not here"
3:22 The actors are representing some natural feelings that we feel when a loved one dies. Among them, the frustration and the feeling of guilt.
3:25 The dry leaves on the floor represent all the dead of humanity until today, the beautiful live plants represent the Corrs, we all must honor the chance of being at the above part of the ground. My guess is that their parents should be proud to see Jim persisting in continue what he have learned long ago, and that Andrea have a radiant future, like the radiant dawn after the storm.

So what do you think of the official promo video for "Bring On The Night" it seems they now have 2 different videos for this single. This one also appears to be a radio edit? I was a bit confused when I first saw it then I saw someone post what they believe the video means on you tube. Interesting analysis.

A you tube poster says this:
0:15 Andrea walking barefoot represents that, in this time of pain, she is no longer a powerful and famous artist, but now she is humble. Walking barefoot on the floor it's like she is nude without all the farses of the world.
0:24 Their astonishment in the face of death.
1:06 When she heard of his death, she got without breathing as if she were to die too. And her world turned upside down (the 2 heads together turning)
1:33 When Andrea was fleeing from the darkness of her mother's death (white man), she was caught again by the darkness of her father's death (black man).
1:50 So, Andrea decides do not fight against the darkness anymore, repeating to herself "I'm not afraid of you"
2:12 The enormous desire of Andrea by find a way to communicate with her loved ones, happens.
2:34 The mirror obviously represents the separation between the world of the living and the dead.
3:09 Andrea has the courage to across through this separation of worlds. But she is expelled from death (strong light). Death: "Your place is not here"
3:22 The actors are representing some natural feelings that we feel when a loved one dies. Among them, the frustration and the feeling of guilt.
3:25 The dry leaves on the floor represent all the dead of humanity until today, the beautiful live plants represent the Corrs, we all must honor the chance of being at the above part of the ground. My guess is that their parents should be proud to see Jim persisting in continue what he have learned long ago, and that Andrea have a radiant future, like the radiant dawn after the storm.

Very interesting interpretation. I didn't think that deeply about it, but you're likely correct about the meaning.

I thought it was representative of facing a loved one's death, and possibly her own. She has the struggle of accepting their deaths, and after a serious struggle with her emotions, comes to terms with it. And then comes to terms with the eventuality of death itself - her own mortality. "Turn on the dark I'm not scared." No longer afraid of death, despite the struggle to live.

Mine just arrived moments ago. I've got no time left today to give it a listen. Maybe tomorrow or the next day as we've got a lot going on this week. One thing I'm impressed with: It's in a regular jewel case!

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom