Cruising PCH with Karen and Richard

Mark-T

For a recent birthday gift, while we were in California my wife rented a convertible for me so I could drive down Pacific Coast Highway. One of my absolutely favorite drives! (Wonderful wife- a true blessing from God!)

The day of our flight, I realized I forgot to pick some music for the disc player. I had two minutes to choose.

I picked A Kind of Hush, Karen Carpenter, and Lovelines. Why?

Hush was the release during my first year living in Huntington Beach, and it evokes many pleasant memories driving down PCH.

The solo album- just because hearing it always puts me in a good mood. And I love how happy and fresh Karen sounds on it.

Lovelines- because I had ten seconds left. (I should have picked Close to You album instead. )

What would YOU pick if you were limited the two minutes and three discs for your favorite drive? And where would it be?

Don't forget to include I Love LA by Randy Newman for the drive, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Just seems like the ultimate cruising song for SoCal:

I’d take the Complete Singles, The Best Songs, and Readers Digest Their Greatest Hits and Finest Performances. All of the albums I can play through iTunes on the iPhone.

I would likely play Now & Then oldies which would be cool during the day with the top down in a convertible. At night with the top down I’d play Lovelines. Ha now I want to do this ha

I had to think about this for a bit, @Mark-T... But then the light illuminated...
My drive would be from my home base in Orlando, FL to Key West.
I would choose my 2 favorite studio CDs, Horizon and A Kind of Hush, and Disc 2 of PBS' The Complete Singles, the latter of which would afford me duplication of some great songs from the 2 studio CDs as well as a couple of Christmas songs, among others... But then I would still have about 4.5 hours to fill... Rinse and repeat? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom