CTI albums getting hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven J. Gross

Without getting too specific, I can't find so many of the incredible CTi albums at Ebay. They should release a CD a week (or month) to feed our appetite for these gems, what is wrong with the manufacturers?

Many popular titles by artists like George Benson and Quincy Jones (and a fwe others) get reissued every now and then, but you usually have to blink fast or they'll disappear. Japan usually has more available, as usual. To buy both Tamba 4 albums, you can get We And The Sea domestically from Verve, but Samba Blim is only in print in Japan. Jobim's two titles were still in print last time I checked. Paul Desmond really needs a couple of reissues: From The Hot Afternoon is available from Verve, but Summertime and Bridge Over Troubled Water haven't been available domestically.

You're right about that. For example, while Christmas shopping I found a CD of George Benson's TELL IT LIKE IT IS (SP 3020) in the $7.99 cutout rack, factory sealed. This was part of the A&M/Polygram reissue of the 4 Benson A&M-CTI albums which came out in 1998.
Sometimes CDs go out of print faster than LPs ever did. Something you find in the cutout rack this month shows up on Amazon as an expensive import the following month.
JB

Thought you might like to know about www.phydos.com - music and media :o

I'ts an online store that has thousands of rare, back catalogue and imported CDs and DVDs (including George Benson, Quincy Jones, Tamba 4, Jobim, Paul Desmond and a load of CTi albums) The search is great, it's found almost everything I've been looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom