1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Da Doo Ron Ron Extended on 8-Track

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Mark-T, Apr 11, 2018.

1. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

I always thought Karen sounds like she has a slight cold on the track You're Enough.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

It’s to bad that Richard wouldn’t complete these tracks. It would be interesting to hear them. “Love You” sounds like a song he could turn into a duet. Maybe get Michael Bolton to duet with Karen.

Chris May and newvillefan like this.
  3. Kristopher

Kristopher Active Member

I have every 8Track except singles 74-78 and Yesterday once more. Made In America has a short version to Those Good old dreams. A kind of hush has shorter versions of the title track and Breaking up is hard to do.

I’m surprised Carpenters fans don’t know this. I hope I don’t come off as rude. I’ve been Listening to Now & Then hundreds of times on 8Track I noticed it when I was 12 back in 2000.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  4. Kristopher

Kristopher Active Member

I can rip my 8-Track obscure songs if you’d like.

CarpentersToYou and CraigGA like this.
  5. Kristopher

Kristopher Active Member

No the reprise tracks are NOT seconds long. Some are 2-3 minutes. Intermission was added twice because each of the 4 programs had to be all equal length. Sometimes songs were repeated, short versions were added, or even better.... An exclusive deleted track not on the LP.

Example.. Cher’s Gypsies Tramps And Theives album (1971.) Cher’s “Don’t put it on me” was omitted from the LP, cassette, and later the CD. It can only be found on the 8-track and the Bside Of “The way of love.”

The Reprise tracks are neat and cool to have. Yesterday once more I like that it was included twice because I like the short version. It’s slightly over 2 minutes .

CarpentersToYou likes this.
  6. CraigGA

CraigGA Well-Known Member

Please post them!

7. CarpentersToYou

CarpentersToYou What I feel has come and gone before...

The short version of YOM was also on the cassette version. I would love to hear the edits!

8. Kristopher

Kristopher Active Member

Will do!! Just know the quality won’t be the same due to converting analogue to 0’s and 1’s

CraigGA and CarpentersToYou like this.
  9. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member

Written by the late Sonny Bono, here is Cher with "Don't Put It On Me" (from "The Way Of Love: The Cher Collection" 2 CD set) which the 8 track ran 2:21 instead of 2:38 because of time.: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

10. CraigGA

CraigGA Well-Known Member

Let’s see...now there’s a song about x’s snd o’s but that’s not quite the same... but I’m sure many will be sending them your way, all in friendship, of course!

11. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member

By the way, Cher's "He'll Never Know" (from 1971 "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves") is also extended on 8 track to 15 or 20 more seconds!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Kristopher likes this.
  12. Kristopher

Kristopher Active Member

I realized that. When I meant only on 45 and 8 track I meant to say analogue. I have that compilation and it sounds so digitalized. It sits on my shelf unused.

13. Kristopher

Kristopher Active Member

I’ll be posting those 8 track rarities soon I ripped them Its just uploading them I live with chronic pain so I hope I can get them up today