Daylight Saving Time

Discussion in 'Announcements, Forum Business & Help Desk' started by Harry, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry

Harry Charter Member Moderator Thread Starter

This thread and info has been outmoded by our new Xenforo Forum software. To set your board time correctly (and hopefully only once) go into the "Preference" link and set your time zone.

It's now time to "spring ahead" one hour. Sunday, March 14th marks the return to Daylight Saving Time in most of the US. We will return to Standard Time in November.

Check any devices that have time of day. Some, like Microsoft Windows software will set themselves. Other things, like the stove, microwave and coffee maker probably won't.

Regarding our Forum software
    There is no automatic function (that I know of) to set the phpBB A&M Corner board time, so the time might display as an hour off (upper right corner of the main index page).

To set it properly, go into the Profile link at the top of any Forum page, scroll down to the option to adjust your time zone and pick the correct one fow where you live or work.

For me, on the East Coast, I pick GMT -4 hours during the DST period. That means that I'm four hours behind the Standard world-time in Greenwich, England (London time). Don't worry about whether England is on DST - that's irrelevant for the purposes of Greenwich Mean Time.

Your posts will work whether you set the time or not, it's just that it might not be as easy to tell what time your posts or others were made.

Officially, at 1:59:59 AM on Sunday, we skipped ahead one hour to 3:00:00 AM.

[​IMG]

Harry
    ...also, be sure to put fresh batteries in your smoke detectors. Do it NOW, offline!...

2. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Bump!!!! :wave:

Dave :neutral:inkshield:

3. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

Thanks for the bump, but remember to turn the clocks BACK this time! :)

4. Harry

Harry Charter Member Moderator Thread Starter

Bump. Remember to set your Board time. This software does not do it automatically.

Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.