December in Memoriam

Sorry I did NOT done this sooner BUT there was an ice storm in my hometown which started at 6:45 Sunday morning till Tuesday morning at 7:30 when finally the lights came back on at my house (nearly 49 hours)!!!

By the way, the late Caroll Spinney reminds me of the late conductor & trombonist Ray Conniff in his older days (who died in 2002)!!!

Marie Fredriksson of Roxette died 12-9-2019 at age 61 after a 17 year battle with cancer. She is best known for "The Look," "Listen to Your Heart," and "It Must Have Been Love." Roxette was a Swedish duo with Per Gessle who rose to popularity in the 1980's and '90s.

Last edited:
Paul Volcker, chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1979-87 died Dec. 8 at age 92. He used interest rate hikes to control inflation and bring down prices in the wake of the gas crisis. His policy was controversial but ultimately successful. He served under Presidents Carter and Reagan.

Actor Philip McKeon died Dec. 10 at age 55. He played 'Tommy' on the CBS comedy series "Alice." Philip was the brother of Actress Nancy McKeon from the "Facts of Life" series cast.

Back
Top Bottom