Del Amitri "Roll To Me" (1995)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
When I bought the CD of Del Amitri "Twisted" back in the Summer of 1995, there was a remix version of the song "Roll To Me." In the song, you hear the bang & the drum on the left speaker. Then you hear the guitar on the right speaker. Then you hear the singer on the left speaker. Then on the bridge when they sing: "And I don't think I have ever see a soul so in despair, So if you want to talk the night through Guess who will be there? so" then it goes back to the left speaker. Then back to the bridge. Then back to the left speaker & done. Is that also on the CD mini single or is it the friendly radio version with the singer on both speakers? When I bought "Hatful Of Rain: The Best Of Del Amitri" from 1998, it had the singer on both speakers. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Great to see a thread on Del Amitri on the board! They're my favorite band of all-time! Truly underappreciated band. No songwriter has ever written more songs I'm jealous for not having written myself than Justin Currie!

I just went back and listened to the "Roll to Me" mix on "Twisted" to analyze it. The mix on "Twisted" has both the drums and the electric guitars coming out of the left speaker for the entire song, the acoustic guitars coming out of the right, and both Justin Currie's lead vocal and the harmonys on the bridge coming out of the right speaker for the entire song.
The commercial cassette single for the song (if I remember right) has a mix more similar to what you decribed: the drums and Justin Currie's lead vocal on the left channel, and the guitars and the harmony vocals coming out of the right.
I don't know what mix(es) is on the commercial CD single, but I do know that the promo CD single for "Roll to Me" has a radio mix on it with all vocals coming out of both speakers. (But the promo CD single doesn't have the cassette single's B-side, "Long Way Down", on it, which is a really, really great song for a B-side!).

I'll check my 45 to see what mix is on there. (Yes, there was an A&M 45 of this song -- "Tell Her This" was the other side.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom