Desert Island Disc

Which two original studio albums would you be stranded on a desert island with - and why?

• Offering

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Close To You

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Carpenters

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • A Song For You

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Now & Then

• Horizon

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • A Kind of Hush

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Passage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christmas Portrait

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Made In America

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Voice Of The Heart

• An Old Fashioned Christmas

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Lovelines

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • As Time Goes By

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
If I had to flee a sinking ship, I'd grab my phone (which has the entire Carpenters catalogue loaded on the micro-SD card), and a solar-powered USB charger... but, in keeping with the spirit of this exercise, I would delete all but "A Song For You" and "Lovelines" before jumping overboard... happy Stephen? :laugh:

See you on the shore :wave::laugh:

I went for Horizon and A Song For You.
Initially, I gravitated toward Passage and Horizon.
Now, I love A Song For You, but if I am going to be stranded on an island,
I really do not want to be saddled with any instrumentals, or Richard Carpenter lead vocals.
On the other hand, if stranded, I do not want Man Smart, Woman Smarter, stuck in my head.
Thus, A Song For You won out over Passage.
But, those Karen Carpenter vocals on Horizon will sustain me forever.

Take your two Carpenters albums down into the hatch with Desmond. He has a turntable, and we know that he at least has a Mama Cass album.
Yes but I've heard Desmond only opens the hatch on "Monday Mornings" so be quick. But if you bring the Tan album then "Saturday's" a possibility too.

This choice is too difficult. I think I'll just avoid boats. :D

In all seriousness, if this turned into some convoluted scheme where I was trapped on a desert island, it's a deadlock between their first four records. I'll go with "Offering" and "Carpenters". Maybe I can stuff the other two lps in the sleeves...or we can all get stuck on the same deserted island :laugh:

This choice is too difficult. I think I'll just avoid boats. :D

In all seriousness, if this turned into some convoluted scheme where I was trapped on a desert island, it's a deadlock between their first four records. I'll go with "Offering" and "Carpenters". Maybe I can stuff the other two lps in the sleeves...or we can all get stuck on the same deserted island :laugh:
Yeah maybe we'll all end up on a bunch of "Islands in the Stream" then we can learn to rely on each other. Uh ha.

You know this is your fault Stephen, right? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom