Did Richard Keep Any Of Karen's Cars?

He still has her 1972 Mercedes 350 SL in his warehouse and it's in pristine condition and the plates are (California) KAC 1. I think he still owns 4 Ford Thunderbird convertibles from the late 50's and Karen used to have one so it's quite possible he kept hers but I'm not certain. He did not keep her Jaguar XJS and I noticed that it was sold on the internet a while back to a buyer in Florida. Richard has said that Karen appreciated cars and was pretty good at brand recognition but not well versed in engine sizes and individual model types.

Don’t think there’s a thread dedicated to Richard’s car collection but look what I found on YouTube. Never thought in a million years Richard would allow a crowd of people into his car warehouse. Karen’s Mercedes can be seen briefly at 0m20s.

Don’t think there’s a thread dedicated to Richard’s car collection...

There is---from about nine years ago:

Don’t think there’s a thread dedicated to Richard’s car collection but look what I found on YouTube. Never thought in a million years Richard would allow a crowd of people into his car warehouse. Karen’s Mercedes can be seen briefly at 0m20s.

At 0:49 and 1:08 there are brief shots of a red Lincoln Continental Mark II.

Two and a half weeks ago, I stopped in on the local Saturday morning Cars and Coffee and saw this:

IMG_8006.jpeg

IMG_8005.jpeg

The guy who owns it now said it had at one point been in the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles...and at first, watching the video, I wondered if he could have gotten the story wrong, but this is wearing different wheels from the one in the video. Otherwise, a dead ringer---and in such good condition that it wouldn't be out of place in Richard's collection.

While checking to see if it was a match, I found that Richard had another '57 Mark II, a white one, which he sold to someone who then put it up for auction at Barrett-Jackson a few years later, in 2004. It appears to have changed hands again this year:

^^^ Not open for further replies.

That red Lincoln Continental Mark II you saw really is a headturner. Beautiful car.

Here’s another video I found today, pre-Thousand Oaks warehouse.

Back
Top Bottom