Dionne/Burt

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
From Producer Jim Pierson:

Grammy®-winning artist Dionne Warwick has achieved legendary status worldwide with a long string of hits from the 1960s through the 1980s that still remain popular, including "I Say A Little Prayer," "Theme From The Valley Of The Dolls," "Heartbreaker" and "I'll Never Love This Way Again.Love Again." An all-new music biography special, MY MUSIC: DIONNE WARWICK - THEN CAME YOU begins airing on PBS stations the weekend of August 18, 2018 (check local listings).

MY MUSIC: DIONNE WARWICK - THEN CAME YOU traces the singer's musical roots in the church, where she first performed in a gospel group. She became a background singer with classic R&B acts, leading to her discovery by songwriter-producers Burt Bacharach and Hal David, who formed a three-way musical marriage with Warwick on hits such as "Walk On By," "Do You Know The Way To San Jose," "Anyone Who Had A Heart" and "I'll Never Fall In Love Again."

Among the friends and colleagues celebrating Warwick in the new PBS musical biography are Burt Bacharach, Johnny Mathis, Barry Manilow, Smokey Robinson, Steve Tyrell, Chuck Jackson and Gladys Knight, who joined Warwick, Elton John and Stevie Wonder for the smash anthem "That's What Friends Are For" in 1985 to raise funds and awareness of the rising AIDS epidemic.

Back
Top Bottom