Discography: Additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIML26

Some I didn't see (or missed) here:

S.M. Sextet: Desafinado (LP) Contour 6870521

S.M & Brasil..: Portrait of Sergio Mendes (2LP) A&M AMLC 4002

S.M & Brasil..: Fool on the Hill (LP) A&M "Hamlet" Label AMLP 8008

This site only lists domestic (US) releases on A&M Records only. THe ones you list are either non-A&M or overseas compilations.

--Mr Bill

I don't know if this is in your discography, but a scarcer Sergio Mendes vinyl LP is the 1968 "Fool on the Hill" in mono version, A & M LPX-160. Record companies were phasing out mono's in favor of stereo by 1968, so few mono copies were issued.

I've got mono promos of LPX-160 FOOL ON THE HILL plus LP 166 (TJB XMAS). A&M issued mono promos for a long time, as I also have found Lani's SUNDOWN LADY (MP-4359), which I assume stands for "mono promo." These have stereo version sleeves with a sticker stating 'monoraul' on front.
JB

JIML26 said:
Some I didn't see (or missed) here:

I'm hoping to help update the brasil66.com site when I get some spare time. Mike B. is going to assist with rewriting some of the capsule reviews, and I'm going to attempt to branch out beyond Sergio's A&M albums as well. I don't own much in the way of Mendes, though, so I'll probably need some good scans from anyone who has the albums on hand. In the meantime, I may see about revamping the last page of the discography (where the albums are listed in a table).

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom