Discussing "Carpenters" on KKOB 96.3 FM Thursday, 1/12/23

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
TUNE-IN next Thursday, January 12 at 4:00 p.m. MST (3:00 PST/6:00 EST) as I join radio host Brandon Vogt to discuss the musical legacy of the CARPENTERS. Anyone can access the livestream by clicking the link below (then click "Listen Live" at the top of the page), or if you're an Albuquerque local, you can tune into 96.3 FM!

https://www.newsradiokkob.com

I tuned in at 2:55-3:15 PST, and just got news. It says that his show is on from 1-3 MST Hope it gets rescheduled.

So sorry about that! Our PR team at the publisher told me this was a live interview. It turns out it was all recorded, to be aired in the next week or two. My apologies to anyone who tuned into the stream. The raw interview ran about 40 minutes or so.

So sorry about that! Our PR team at the publisher told me this was a live interview. It turns out it was all recorded, to be aired in the next week or two. My apologies to anyone who tuned into the stream. The raw interview ran about 40 minutes or so.
Ha NP
I’ve been listening for like 30 mins and I’m all up to date with Albuquerque news :laugh:

I am assuming you will update us on the date/time it does air? I'm kind of glad this happened. I have a bunch of people coming in to town in about a half-hour to spend the weekend at our winter festival and would have probably missed this highly-anticipated interveiw!

Chris it's really nice listening to you here - it must be extra hard to summarize the Carpenter's career and influence in a few brief moments during a radio interview - I was especially interested in your ideas about what they might have been doing during the 80s & 90s if only... An album or two of duets or of the great Standards would have been extraordinary and compelling - she was an "Old School" singer in style and she was born to sing those wonderful songs...it's a real shame she never got to do it in depth...

Thank you for uploading it to youtube for later referencing. Listened to it this morning and was very pleased and entertaining.

Good stuff Chris. Thanks for the link to the audio.

Other than the fact I must have said “ya know” about 500 times, the discussion was fine. I was almost too comfortable and conversational. Sorry for those of you that had to sit through that 🤣

That was a fantastic interview Chris. I was saddened to hear your story near the end that Richard commented that he knew Karen was dying. I don't recall him ever mentioning that before in his interviews. I seem to remember him saying that he told Karen that he knew she was still not well by looking into her eyes. He did say once that on the morning of Karen's death, as he was driving to the house, he hoped that this medical emergency would scare Karen into seeking further treatment.

I was saddened to hear your story near the end that Richard commented that he knew Karen was dying. I don't recall him ever mentioning that before in his interviews. I seem to remember him saying that he told Karen that he knew she was still not well by looking into her eyes. He did say once that on the morning of Karen's death, as he was driving to the house, he hoped that this medical emergency would scare Karen into seeking further treatment.

All pretty well covered in previous documentaries.

Back
Top Bottom