Does anyone collect the same album in different versions? (My first post Here)

Hola, Misael. I can assure you that your English is far superior to my Spanish!

A large number of fans here have collected multiple versions of the albums. We have old LPs and different issues of CDs too, including box set versions and different country releases, such as Japan.

We come to the Forum.

You need to have the image hosted on the web and then use image tags here to get the picture to show.

20117527_10213446298213333_1852299573_n.jpg

In my collection I have the Russian version, the Chinese official and one of the united kingdom :)

Thank you very much, I do not know if I am very fanatic but I like to put together the different versions of the same album, and rarer versions.:)
Do you have any weird ones in yours? regards.
20136381_10213461551194648_1786202024_n.jpg
:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

Hi, Misael. On vinyl, I have pressings of 'Passage', 'A Kind of Hush', 'Horizon', 'Carpenters', 'Now and Then', 'Close to You', 'Christmas Portrait', 'The Singles' and 'The Singles 1974 - 1978' from different countries, namely Australia, USA, UK and Japan. I have mainly only bought these because I've seen them in second-hand bins for $3 or so each. There's been no other reason! Exception - I got the Japanese 'Horizon' because it includes a poster. Also, I have 'The Singles' and 'Now and Then' in quadrophonic. I have all the compilations that are unique to Australia. I went to Japan recently and got second copies of most of the CDs. This is because Japanese pressings are probably better quality. I also have a couple of gold editions - e.g. 'A Song for You', '22Hits' and 'The Singles'.

Mark-T, I know that version, but I never bought it. I heard it by another fan and it sounds rather strange the overture and stereo reversed I think not of the best. But it is an official version of Brazil. But in my collection I have this one that is called "the best of Carpenters" is an original version of Brazilian hits of 94 and released on vinyl and cd. Is this :)
20158310_10213471352199667_1554713615_n.jpg
20158103_10213471352239668_1417899578_n.jpg

And "Brian" the quadrophonic are very rare and expensive, for me I think they have the best sound Carpenter, sound so natural and at the same time so clean the instruments and voices
And I feel the same as the Japanese versions, they sound great, here are some of my favorites compilation or single. ahh and I also have the 13 mini lp + live in Japan but these sound like the original vinyls, Good or bad depends on taste for originals or remixes...
20136710_10213471798570826_1569195055_n.jpg

I feel the same as the Japanese versions, they sound great, here are some of my favorites compilation or single. ahh and I also have the 13 mini lp + live in Japan but these sound like the original vinyls, Good or bad depends on taste for originals or remixes...
20136710_10213471798570826_1569195055_n.jpg
Great to see all your CDs, Misael! There have been countless Carpenters compilations released in Japan. Over there, they have a second-hand CD and book chain called Book-off. In there, I saw a few variations on a couple of the compilations. For instance, I remember seeing a couple of variations of '22 Hits of the Carpenters'. Those stores usually have a lot of different Carpenters compilations. Btw, I love the karaoke CD shown in your photo, mainly because you can hear the instrumentation and background vocals so well on it. I used to listen to that CD all the time. :)

Great to see all your CDs, Misael! There have been countless Carpenters compilations released in Japan. Over there, they have a second-hand CD and book chain called Book-off. In there, I saw a few variations on a couple of the compilations. For instance, I remember seeing a couple of variations of '22 Hits of the Carpenters'. Those stores usually have a lot of different Carpenters compilations. Btw, I love the karaoke CD shown in your photo, mainly because you can hear the instrumentation and background vocals so well on it. I used to listen to that CD all the time. :)

I've always wanted to go to Japan, I plan to go to the Olympics in 2020, not only because of the carpenters but also because I love the anime culture, I think I want to buy everything related to carpenters and I think those used cd shops should Be cheaper to buy by amazon or ebay ... Regards Brian. It would be cool if you uploaded some photos of the Australian Carpenters version.

This is because Japanese pressings are probably better quality. I also have a couple of gold editions - e.g. 'A Song for You', '22Hits' and 'The Singles'.
Aside from the plastic and aluminum being different I have to wonder how they are superior. It's going to be the master that makes the difference, or being encoded in something like HDCD.

But in my collection I have this one that is called "the best of Carpenters"

Carp-Best-Of-Germany-2009.jpg

I did some investigating into this compilation and it appears to be an updated re-release of the old REFLECTIONS compilation. Tracks and mixes are identical. As it is an official Universal release, I've added it to the Resource on the REFLECTIONS page.

Carp-Best-Of-Germany-2009.jpg

I did some investigating into this compilation and it appears to be an updated re-release of the old REFLECTIONS compilation. Tracks and mixes are identical. As it is an official Universal release, I've added it to the Resource on the REFLECTIONS page.

Harry, When I refer to The best of Carpenters is for this version released exclusively in Brazil in 1994 by am records .. is available in cd and in Lp. :) And Harry which is the best platform to put pictures ??, The images above post disappeared.. :cry:

R-6394445-1418151112-2449.jpeg.jpg

The songs in this compilation are:

1 (They Long To Be) Close To You
2 Please Mr. Postman
3 Rainy Days And Mondays
4 Sing
5 There's A Kind Of Hush
6 This Masquerade
7 Solitaire
8 Only Yesterday
9 We've Only Just Begun
10 Yesterday Once More
11 Hurting Each Other
12 Bless The Beasts And Children
13 For All We Know
14 Superstar

:goodie:

Many of us used Photobucket, but that site now wants money to allow hosting of pictures for other sites, so we're all searching for replacements. I've been playing with both Imgur.com and IBB.com and both seem to work.

That other BEST OF THE CARPENTERS is in the process of being investigated as well. I'll keep you posted.

Aside from the plastic and aluminum being different I have to wonder how they are superior. It's going to be the master that makes the difference, or being encoded in something like HDCD.
The Japanese pressings that I collected are HMCD. 'The Singles' is the Platinum SHM version. The gold pressings do have better sound. The gold 'A song For You' is a special project Ultradisc, (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab).

Thanks for re-uploading. Yes, that white THE BEST OF CARPENTERS is one I'm trying to track down.

Last edited:
The Japanese pressings that I collected are HMCD. 'The Singles' is the Platinum SHM version. The gold pressings do have better sound. The gold 'A song For You' is a special project Ultradisc, (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab).
Since about 1999 when the Remastered CD's came out the North American CD's seem to be encoded in HDCD without being marked.

Harry, When I refer to The best of Carpenters is for this version released exclusively in Brazil in 1994 by am records .. is available in cd and in Lp. :) And Harry which is the best platform to put pictures ??, The images above post disappeared.. :cry:

R-6394445-1418151112-2449.jpeg.jpg

The songs in this compilation are:

1 (They Long To Be) Close To You
2 Please Mr. Postman
3 Rainy Days And Mondays
4 Sing
5 There's A Kind Of Hush
6 This Masquerade
7 Solitaire
8 Only Yesterday
9 We've Only Just Begun
10 Yesterday Once More
11 Hurting Each Other
12 Bless The Beasts And Children
13 For All We Know
14 Superstar

:goodie:

Thanks for the tip, Misael. I've finally located a copy of this one and have detailed it in the Resource. Check it out here: The Best Of Carpenters (Brazil)

Back
Top Bottom