Don Bowman "Tijuana Drum & Bugle Corps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky1

Has anyone here ever heard the classic Don Bowman parody "Tijuana Drum & Bugle Corps" that was released in the 60's on RCA Records? I've had the 45 for years, but ran across the album still sealed a few years and bought it. The 45 is great, and the LP cover photo and notes were pretty funny stuff too.

I believe the band leader was named HERBIE OUTOFIT(out of it), sthe name sure sounds a lot like Herb Alpert.

This was a period when humor was actually "clean".

Michael Harris

:D

spanky1 said:
...This was a period when humor was actually "clean"....

How true! I still have and occasionally listen to my Vaughn Meader FIRST FAMILY album -- absolutely priceless satire about the 'Camelot' days of the White House. Years later, in the early '80s, Rich Little did a follow-up about the Reagan era. My favorite line on that one has to do with Reagan supposedly walking into the Lincoln Bedroom in the dark of night, where he encounters the ghost of Abraham Lincoln.

Reagan: "A pale, white, transparent figure...is that you, Nancy?" :laugh:

Jon

spanky1 said:
Has anyone here ever heard the classic Don Bowman parody "Tijuana Drum & Bugle Corps" that was released in the 60's on RCA Records? I've had the 45 for years, but ran across the album still sealed a few years and bought it. The 45 is great, and the LP cover photo and notes were pretty funny stuff too.

I believe the band leader was named HERBIE OUTOFIT(out of it), sthe name sure sounds a lot like Herb Alpert.

This was a period when humor was actually "clean".

Michael Harris

:D

Are we talking about the same Don Bowman who co-wrote MEXICAN CORN with Herb?

Dan

Lyrics were added to "Mexican Corn" to create Terry Stafford's A&M single (#707) "Heartache on the Way."

Bowman also co-wrote "Just to Satisfy You" from Waylon Jennings' DON'T THINK TWICE (A&M SP 4238).
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom