DOUBLE - Kurt Maloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Kurt Maloo, one half of the Swiss group, DOUBLE, is still making great music. Many will remember their hit, "Devils Ball," and none other than HERB ALPERT recorded some great trumpet tracks!

Kurt Maloo

Zurich, CH

1424815092_field_copy.jpg

There are two new releases out there:

- Mike Jolly & Kurt Maloo - This One's For You

- Kurt Maloo - Come Over Here (Julian Marsh Soulful Mixes)

They're available on iTunes and Amazon.

Music

Tumbling Skies

$1.29

Come Over Here

The Captain Of Her Heart (Steady Groove Mix)

$1.29

Press

"“The Captain of Her Heart,” the hit of the Swiss duo Double, was an international success, reaching #8 in the UK Singles Chart and #16 on the Billboard Hot 100...."

— Freddy de Freitas, He Is Our Captain

Last edited:
My Favorite Double songs are" The Captain of Her Heart" And "I Know A Place". Im glad to see one of them still active. ( and coincidentally. I have several different instrumental versions of Captain of Her Heart. I love that song so much.)

I always found it a shame that Double wasn't more commercially successful. I believe they only cut two albums (Blue and Dou3le), and I don't remember the second album really doing much of anything on the charts. They're both really wonderful albums, though. Blue is just jam-packed with one fabulous, instantly-catchy jazz-pop song after another ("The Captain of the Heart" was obviously - and deservedly - a fairly big hit and still remains one of the greatest "lost" hits of the '80s, but there's other songs on that disc I like almost every bit as much, like "I Know a Place," "Woman of the World," and "Rangoon Moon"), and Dou3le is nearly just as fun ("Devil's Ball" especially, but there's also some incredibly catchy non-singles mixed in, like "Gliding" and my personal favorite, "Wrong Time"). Definitely one of the most intriguing acts on A&M's roster during the '80s, even if they didn't last for all that long.

The album or CD "Dou3le" did NOT chart on Billboard Top 200 Album Charts in late 1987. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom