Ella Fitzgerald and The Carpenters

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1234

Hello again guys - sorry for all the new topics - just have another question.

I recently purchased Ella Fitzergerald's "Pure Ella" because it features the full length version of "Someone To Watch Over Me" (which as you know Karen and her duetted with on the "Karen/Ella Medley"). The rest of the album features Ella singing many Gershwin tunes.

The music isn't exactly my cup of tea - it's just her and a piano. Can anyone suggest any Ella tunes that I might like? I really enjoyed her on the "Karen/Ella Medley" and want to hear her voice in that type of musical setting. Her voice is phenomenal and I'm glad that Karen and her had a chance to collaborate - At last! A talent worthy to put beside Karen Carpenter's name (unlike John Denver and Suzanne Somers who she also dueted with on the TV specials).

I'm not a big fan of Ella,but I could probably recommend "Ella Swings Gently With Nelson".It's an early 60's(way before my time!)album with Nelson Riddle that's somewhat similar to Karen's style.Also,Ella recorded "Ordinary Fool" in 1977,using basically the same arrangement as Karen's.

Ella Fitzgerald Recorded a Series of Great Songwriter Songbooks Albums in the 1950's / 1960's :

Gershwin

Irving Berlin

Cole Porter

etc These Contain some of Ella's Best Interpretations / Recordings :)

Ideally Had Karen Lived Beyond 1983, Carpenters or Karen with some Solo Projects Would Have Recorded Many of These Classic American Standards on Several Albums ....Richard's Arrangments and Karen's Vocals ....Music to Live For :) :)

Peter

Ella Fitzgerald Recorded a Series of Great Songwriter Songbooks Albums in the 1950's / 1960's :

Gershwin

Irving Berlin

Cole Porter

etc- These Contain some of Ella's Best Interpretations / Recordings :)

Ideally Had Karen Lived Beyond 1983, Carpenters or Karen with some Solo Projects Would Have Recorded Many of These Classic American Standards on Several Albums ....Richard's Arrangments and Karen's Vocals ....Music to Live For :) :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom