Everybody’s Baby by Johnny R.

tomswift2002

I’m just wondering if anyone knows anything more about this A&M Records of Canada single? I’ve got a white promo copy from 1986 (Uses A&M’s circle box label, but is white instead of black); Side A has vocals and is 3:40, Side B is instrumental and is 3:49. The label number is AM-712 with (Pro) underneath. The (C) is 1986 Pasqua Music Ltd and (P) 1986 A&M Records of Canada Ltd. It was produced by Dominic Troiano for Pasqua Music Ltd., and Engineered by Bob Federer whose Assistant Engineer was Danny Sustar. The song was written by B.J. Cook & D. Troiano, and published by Pasqua Music.

I can’t find much online. Discovers thinks the R stands for Rutledge, but I can only find a wrestler with that name. Otherwise there’s no album name on the disc to say what album it’s from.

The song I find similar to Veronique’s “House of Love”, but with a voice that sounds like Shaun Cassidy. It’s got the very mid-80’s beat and I can see why it didn’t do well on the charts. It’s kind of generic.

I’m just wondering if anyone knows anything more about this A&M Records of Canada single? I’ve got a white promo copy from 1986 (Uses A&M’s circle box label, but is white instead of black); Side A has vocals and is 3:40, Side B is instrumental and is 3:49. The label number is AM-712 with (Pro) underneath. The (C) is 1986 Pasqua Music Ltd and (P) 1986 A&M Records of Canada Ltd. It was produced by Dominic Troiano for Pasqua Music Ltd., and Engineered by Bob Federer whose Assistant Engineer was Danny Sustar. The song was written by B.J. Cook & D. Troiano, and published by Pasqua Music.

I can’t find much online. Discovers thinks the R stands for Rutledge, but I can only find a wrestler with that name. Otherwise there’s no album name on the disc to say what album it’s from.
Hello Tom, this is Johnny Rutledge. You are correct. This was my album produced by Domenic Troiano back in the late 80's and released in 1991. I was searching online to see if I could find a copy of my CD and I stumbled upon your post here. Thank you for inquiring about it. I'm certainly happy to answer whatever questions you might have. Gratefully, Johnny. [email protected]

Hi Johnny. Nice to see you on here!

So was this single and your album only released by A&M in Canada, or did A&M handle any American/world releases as well? As you can tell from above, it seems like the other A&M collector’s on this forum (some have lists of the catalog numbers and which album/single was assigned to that number, even unreleased stuff) had never heard of you or your album or this single.
And what’s the name of the album that the single’s from?

I found this on Discogs:

None for sale, but if it is added to your wantlist, you'll get an email when one becomes available.

Thanks for stopping by, @Johnny Rutledge!

Back
Top Bottom