Everyone's TOP 10 Christmas Albums....

Top 10:

Bing Crosby: 'Merry Christmas'. A family tradition since well before my time (pre-1962) that's now a part of my DNA.
Carpenters: 'Christmas Portrait' - The original album with the original mix. No other album compares. Best Christmas album ever made.
Carpenters: 'An Old-Fashioned Christmas'. The Karen tracks are ALL superb.
Ray Conniff & The Singers: 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' (another DNA album). Impeccably produced and performed.
Johnny Mathis: 'Merry Christmas'. Total class from start to finish. Incredible version of 'Oh Holy Night'.
Roger Williams: 'White Christmas'. ''Beautiful music', to be sure, but very inventive and affecting.
'A Very Special Christmas' (red album cover).
'A Very Special Christmas (green album cover).
Ray Conniff & The Singers: 'Christmas With Conniff'.
'A Rock & Roll Christmas' (fantastic compilation of '70's, '80's and '90s rock Christmas tunes). Released in 1995.

Love this thread and seeing so many great classics listed.
It's difficult to choose only 10, but here are mine:

1. Christmas Portrait - Carpenters
2. An Old Fashioned Christmas - Carpenters
3. Christmas Eve With Johnny Mathis - Johnny Mathis
4. We Wish You A Merry Christmas - Ray Conniff
5. Christmas Is... - Percy Faith
6. O Come All Ye Faithful - King's College Choir Cambridge
7. Christmas With Julie Andrews - Julie Andrews
8. Please Come Home For Christmas - Charles Brown
9. Christmas With Conniff - Ray Conniff
10. The Great Songs of Christmas Album Six - Various artists (1966)

Hard to just have ten. My top list would include people that made albums that fill the album ( no duds no skipping tracks). Any album by the following have done this : Bing Crosby, Carpenters, Ray Conniff, Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra, Percy Faith, Charlie Brown Christmas ,Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Burl Ives, Ann Murray and Elvis.
Newer and other artists albums that I might have to skip a few tracks: Pentatonix, Michael Bublé ,Kenny G, Sarah McLachlan, Barbara Streisand, Manheim Steamroller, Kenny Rodgers, Neil Diamond, Jennifer Nettles, Ella Fitzgerald, Lindsey Sterling, Louis Armstrong, Glee, Kelly Clarkson, Amy Grant, Susan Boyle, Trans Siberian orchestra and more but these are my tops.

Back
Top Bottom