Excited about my "new" poster

Song4uman

So I had a Voice of the Heart poster for several years. It was about 24x24. I got from the fan club and it hung in my room and was in my dorm room in college. I had it after I got married and had kids....then it was in the garage and got ripped. When we moved to St. Louis 13 years ago, it was damaged and I threw it away. Just found one on eBay and it came today. It will be kept in the tube for now, but excited to have my poster again.
JOnathan

I have the A&M one, and it’s rolled away in a tube as well. I left my other one stapled to the wall in the local record store I worked in from 1977-1990 as an homage to the store, Carpenters, & especially Karen, and all the great music over those years. My employees understood. I wept as I locked the doors for the last time, knowing it would never be the same working in a chain record store.....

I also had a poster that a friend got for me. It was from a video store I think and advertised the “Yesterday Once More” video

It was grayish blue with the pic from the inside of Made in America. Can’t remember what other pics were on it. It got lost in a move. I’ve never seen another one.

That’s a shame. I love that photo of them. Used on many items over those Yesterday Once More years. I have quite a few posters myself. Some from A&M and a couple from the fan club. I would love an original sailboat poster from the early tour years. My favorite is the Billboard Magazine Carpenters issue. I think from late 1973 coinciding with the release of the Singles 1969-1973.
I also found another Billboard Magazine I forgot about while looking for 45’s and picture sleeves last week that has a beautiful fold out ad for Now & Then. The store owner had a huge collection of old Billboard Magazines in his office in Beverly Hills, which I took many issues if they had any Carpenters pictures or ads in them. I was so lucky he didn’t throw them away. Especially since we got our own copy every week at the store too.

Last edited:
So I had a Voice of the Heart poster for several years....

Jonathan, so glad that you have your poster again! I also have the poster, certainly a beautiful picture of Karen. It has been framed and on display in my home virtually since it became available. It is a focal point of what I like to call my "music walls" (mostly a Carpenters' tribute, but featuring other favorite artists as well).

Back
Top Bottom