Fandango - Shout Factory CD release scheduled for 2/19/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fandango arrived from the U.S Today ! Not bad, just over a week. Gave it a quick spin and I am liking what I hear ! Actually, this is the first time I have ever heard the album in full as I never bought it 1st time round! I did have a sneaky listen to the samples on Herb's website though. My favourite track is Route 101, although I am still getting to know all the other tracks. To say that I'm chuffed is a understatement - Thanks Herb and everyone else involved with getting the album out :goodie:

Herb's new website will feature digital files in both MP3 320 & Apple Lossless. I am exploring a way to offer very high resolution digital files and eventually we will have those. Please know that I have a wonderful sounding, "Midnight Sun", "North on South Street", and a "Beyond" that sounds better then I remember it sounding when I was mixing it in Studio B at A&M many years ago. I know that being a huge fan myself, I am constantly amazed as I am hearing things I never really heard before.

Hi Randy!

Really enjoyed Herb's stories about you last night in West Palm and was blown away by the new "Puttin On The Ritz" track from the new album with the great beat loop that you created. Question, when can we purchase FLAC files from Herb's new site, I think I speak for many "conerites" when I say, "FLAC really is the way to go". Also, can we dream of one day getting the late/great "Summertime" album in FLAC? It's always been my favorite.

"Question, when can we purchase FLAC files from Herb's new site"
I can only double this question.
I have been opening the Herb Alpert site almost every day only to check out if the losless downloads are already there.

"Question, when can we purchase FLAC files from Herb's new site"
I can only double this question.
I have been opening the Herb Alpert site almost every day only to check out if the losless downloads are already there.
I can't wait either. I love the way Fandango sounds, and I have a copy of Beyond on LP that I ripped to CD (poorly) a bunch of years ago. Of course, what I'm really hoping for is Main Event Live. A re-mastered Foreign Natives would probably be so exciting that my head would explode. :winkgrin:

-Chris

Hi Harry-

I had a feeling that you and others would like the sound of "Fandango." When you preserve the tapes and have artists like Bernie, you can take the sound of the music to a new level. Once we get the FLAC files out Im thinking you might just like how they sound. I think I mentioned before that I had not heard the "Beyond" album in 25+ years. After we preserved the original 2 trk mixes and had Bernie remaster the album, I couldn't believe how great it sounded. Much better then I remember it sounding when we were mixing it in Studio B at A&M in 1980. Well,,,, happy to hear that you and others like "Fandango."

Randy,
Lifelong Alpert fan here. When I saw the Fandango release on Amazon, I was elated, and after doing some related searches, I was even more jazzed to find out about Herb's site and the downloads. I had an 8-track of Beyond that I wore out playing it so much driving to and from junior college when it was first out. I always wanted to get it digitally but didn't care to pop $40 on it when it might turn out to be a bootleg, so that's great, I'll take MP3s for now. Question: Will the albums Magic Man, Bullish, and Wild Romance eventually find their way onto the site? Or do you all not have the rights to those? Thanks, Jay.

I just got my copy from Best Buy a few days ago. You wouldn't think that this album is 31 years old from the sound of it. To my ears, it sounds as if it were originally recorded as a CD. No wonder Mr. A. almost fell off his chair when he heard the final remixes.

Randy and his partner Andy Armer did release a neat album called RandyAndy (SP-4944) in 1983 on A&M. Here's a clip of the single "People Livin' In The USA":

Randy & Andy also did the opening music tracks for the 2004 Olympics telecast.

Great video.the lyrics are more true today than ever. I have had severe technical troubles trying to get on here since December but fortunatley. Today was my first visit in months i miss Chatting with you All.

Capt. Bacardi

I love them all. I finally got my copy of the remastered fandango despite it coming to me a month late it was well worth the wait and its sounds excellent while my good conditioned vinyl copy has held up very well the cd has even more sonic benefits to it in my opinion both versions are to be savored. Equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom