Favorite Carpenter Memorabilia

adamj95

If you could only have ONE item for your Carpenter collection, what would it be and why? I've got to go with the "Made in America" vinyl. It features probably my favorite song, "Those Good Old Dreams". I may be in the minority but I love the album cover and the songs on the album are really special to me. What about you guys?

Probably the original "Offering" album on vinyl. Yes, specifically "Offering;" the album cover that was withdrawn after the record was re-released under the name "Ticket to Ride." I've seen it go for well over $200 on eBay.

If you could only have ONE item for your Carpenter collection, what would it be and why? I've got to go with the "Made in America" vinyl. It features probably my favorite song, "Those Good Old Dreams". I may be in the minority but I love the album cover and the songs on the album are really special to me. What about you guys?
I’ll join that minority! If only mine were autographed…

I saw a health insurance form being sold on eBay that supposedly was Karen’s. I couldn’t tell if it was real or not; the signature at the bottom looked legitimate but I don’t know how this person would have been able to obtain a personal document like this. It’s not up there anymore, so I guess someone bought it, but the seller was listing it for well over $1000. If it wasn’t legit, then someone got scammed big-time.

Great conversation. For me there are two favorites. I have a 1967 Downey High School yearbook in which she wrote a greeting in, and then signed. And I also have one of the limited edition of 50 bobble-head dolls where she has her green Christmas dress on (there's another one listed on eBay right now). Mine is # 22/50. I keep looking. Ever now and then something good shows up. Keep looking. Chas

Great conversation. For me there are two favorites. I have a 1967 Downey High School yearbook in which she wrote a greeting in, and then signed. And I also have one of the limited edition of 50 bobble-head dolls where she has her green Christmas dress on (there's another one listed on eBay right now). Mine is # 22/50. I keep looking. Ever now and then something good shows up. Keep looking. Chas

I would love to get that bobble head. I’ve seen a few pop up for sale but never had the money to purchase one.

I would say the Japanese Single Box. 😍. It is a beautiful set that I was able to find in Japan for a really decent price.

I saw a health insurance form being sold on eBay that supposedly was Karen’s. I couldn’t tell if it was real or not; the signature at the bottom looked legitimate but I don’t know how this person would have been able to obtain a personal document like this. It’s not up there anymore, so I guess someone bought it, but the seller was listing it for well over $1000. If it wasn’t legit, then someone got scammed big-time.
These are the types of items that make me uncomfortable when they are sold for money. Much too personal and touches (if it has not crossed) the line of exploitation. It would be different if the person who got hold of the item in an ethical manner and was given permission by Karen herself to sell her health insurance. This is unlikely. Maybe the person worked for the insurance company and had access to the insurance policy. If this is the case, I am certain they would have gone against policies pertaining to client confidentiality!

If I was stuck on a deserted island with only one Carpenters item, I would follow Harry's example and have to choose the 40th Anniversary Japanese Box Set (along with a solar powered cd player).

This is an unusual item only for the date on which the autographs were obtained: 17th September 1979. Given that Richard took most of that year off and spent some of it travelling, and Karen was in NYC recording her album, it’s quite fortunate that the autograph hunter got them together when they did.

I've spent a lot of time studying their autographs and am fortunate to have a few of my own. They definitely look legit and having Karen's full autograph is rare especially when they both sign at the same time. Usually it's just "Karen" with Richard's full autograph. It's quite possible Barb obtained their signatures at separate times due to the difference in ink shade and thickness. If it wasn't personalized to an individual fan and on something a little classier than a piece of legal paper it would be more collectable.

This is an unusual item only for the date on which the autographs were obtained: 17th September 1979. Given that Richard took most of that year off and spent some of it travelling, and Karen was in NYC recording her album, it’s quite fortunate that the autograph hunter got them together when they did.

That definitely looks like there signature. Wow, you save $3,240.00 on this. I may have to reconsider lol no lol

I know this is an old thread, but I came here to say, I HAD to buy this autograph to Barb, and it's my favorite memorabilia!
I'd love to find out how it was obtained, and if both signed the same day in 1979.

Back
Top Bottom