Votes: 2 7.1%
  • An Old Fashioned Christmas

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Lovelines

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • As Time Goes By

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
oops I accidentally posted before I finished adding all the albums. You were too quick ! :laugh:

Oh dear :laugh:

Oh well I stand by my original choice. That and their very last album, As Time Goes By. The most introspective cover, especially with Karen lying eyes closed and Richard seemingly giving a backward glance over the career they once had.

Passage, my first favorite cover,
Lovelines, my second--so classy, the LP jacket is incredible,
A Song For You--yes !--love that original textured jacket....

#1 Offering - Their youth, the sunflowers, the "groovy" clothes, Karen with her headband...

#2 Now & Then - Their house, Richard's red Pinto, err...FERRARI, Karen in the passenger seat, the way the photo spreads across the gatefold. I even like their portraits on the inside (I know a lot of people find them "goofy").

#3 Horizon - Was definitely not a "prom" photo and Karen is a knockout!

Honorable Mention - Passage

Horizon, Passage, As Time Goes By...no particular order. Same reasons as those given above.
The Carpenters' logo is outstanding. So was the Chicago logo, and I enjoyed seeing what the latter band did with theirs on their album covers. Carpenters were never quite so creative on the LPs that featured theirs, unfortunately.

Horizon, Passage, As Time Goes By...no particular order. Same reasons as those given above.
The Carpenters' logo is outstanding. So was the Chicago logo, and I enjoyed seeing what the latter band did with theirs on their album covers. Carpenters were never quite so creative on the LPs that featured theirs, unfortunately.
I can appreciate what was done with the Chicago covers over the years but some (perhaps earlier ones) came off better than others. When it became a sky scraper and a chocolate bar, I found it a bit cliche. I tend to believe the restrained use of the Carpenters logo made for some longer-lasting, more timeless covers (Singles, Tan album, Song4U, even Passage with its reimagined logo).

Back
Top Bottom