FAVOURITE CARPENTERS MEDLEYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

Following on from Knowing When To Leave as part of Bacharach / David Medley , which Carpenters Medleys are Personal Favourites ?

I have picked Four Favourites :

1. Music , Music ,Music TV Special Medley -Karen and Richard closed their 1980 special with this moving , brilliantly Arranged & Performed Medley.

2. Now and Then Medley -Great K&R Lead Vocals, Carpenters Harmonies on these timeless songs.

3. Superstar / Rainy Days & Mondays -from 1976 TV Special as featured on As Time Goes By (2001) : Karen's short but breathtaking interpretation of two Carpenters Classics.

4. Live Bacharach / David Medley from 1974 Vegas Concerts : Wonderful to hear Carpenters Performing the Full Medley and with great Group backing.

There are others that come to mind Karen / Ella , Carpenters / Como -but these Four are Particular Favourites :)

Any other choices ?

Peter.....Medley Man ......

I would have to say that the MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC medley featuring Karen's timeless reading of an extended MAKE IT EASY ON YOURSELF is arguably one of their best pieces. I often think that MIEOY would've have been a beautiful ballad recorded for single release. I sit mesmorized w/each listening as karen delivers some of her finest moments...

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom