First Snowfall - early Karen vibes

crescentnoon

Merry Christmas! I wanted to comment on Carpenters recording of First Snowfall. It is one of my favorites by the duo and I don't know why it just occurred to me this year, but Karen really seems to have fun with this one. I almost get an 'Offering' / 'Close to You' early years Karen kind of vibe from it. Especially when she sings 'When a man becomes a boy once again'. I love it so much!
It is my hope you all had a nice holiday and here's to a better 2021 filled with peace, liberty, and prosperity (my prayers for the world). 🙏♥️

Absolutely. You can hear joy in Karen's performance of Snow.

Her performance of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas blew me away the first time I heard it. It only became more poignant with subsequent events. Karen's performance on Christmas Waltz is nearly as good.

I have the original vinyl of "Christmas Portrait" and it is perfect album.

It looks best in the dark or black mode. Look in any screen, lower left. It'll either say "Classic xxxx" or "Flat xxxx". Click on that and pick a black theme.

Tries Harry's suggestion... click...

Oh man! Just what I needed... more snow! :snow:

... at least this kind of snow doesn't need to be shoveled!:laugh:

Well, it does. It's starting to pile up at the bottom of the screens and on the top of the avatars. As a resident Canadian, I nominate Murray as our expert snow cleaner-upper.

Same here. You know, I lived up north in the Philly area for much of my life, and if we got a winter's day with a temperature of 50°, we were all out in shorts washing our cars to get the salt off.

Today, it's 53° here, we just walked the dog and I'm freezing my @$$ off. And I had on a fleece hoodie, another windbreaker jacket on top of that, long heavy slacks, and a pair of gloves.

I think my blood has thinned...🧓

Here where I live in Canada it can get to -45 or even colder, with windchill....so we bundle up pretty good!!

Back
Top Bottom