For sale: Rare or hard to find list of Carpenters items

Many T-shirt companies online will put any design on any shirt you want. Block lettering LEAD SISTER is probably very easy.

Finally received my copy of Japanese Twenty Two Hits, POCM-1585 in the mail today. It was kind of pricey. Album version of TOTW now playing. Too cool. I also got the 45 of A Song For You last week, backed with the same album version of Top. Only released in the Philippines. So I now can say I have every full length cut from the Song For You album on a 7”45 rpm record. Not counting “Intermission”……Fun to hear the album versions on another cd.

Finally received my copy of Japanese Twenty Two Hits, POCM-1585 in the mail today. It was kind of pricey. Album version of TOTW now playing. Too cool. I also got the 45 of A Song For You last week, backed with the same album version of Top. Only released in the Philippines. So I now can say I have every full length cut from the Song For You album on a 7”45 rpm record. Not counting “Intermission”……Fun to hear the album versions on another cd.
I didn't realize A Song for You was released on 45. Where did you find it?
Jonathan

I didn't realize A Song for You was released on 45. Where did you find it?
Jonathan

Apparently A Song For You was the A-side in the Philippines. (Sorry, EBay doesn’t want to link the right page, since I was trying to link to a sale that had concluded).

Considering the record number is AM70223A for ASFY, while Top of the World is AM70223B. But I wonder if the 45 is in mono—-and is Top the album or later US single mix?

But I notice that on the bottom it says “MFD in the Phil. for Dyna Products, Inc. under license of Festival Records PTY. LTD., Sydney, Australia.” So was ASFY also released as a 45 in Australia?

Both sides are definitely in stereo. Asfy is album version. It’s kind of 60’s style stereo for a bit. Vocals are more prominent on the right channel, all strings on the left. Top is the album version. Same thing with vocals until the chorus, then vocals equal on both right & left. The record was manufactured in Philippines, under license from Australia. It sounds like a styrene plastic/vinyl? Lots of crackling all the way through. Very bright sound, but the pressing is not great. I wouldn’t expect it to be. Other vinyl I have from south East Asian countries not well made either. Still it’s a fun novelty to own. Probably not too many were pressed for such a small country. Wonder if it charted there? Calling Mr. Gary?

Is there a listing of Australian Carpenters 45’s somewhere? With Festival Records being involved, did other Oceania countries get the record?

The one I was looking at didn’t identify it as either a stereo or mono record, and again, some countries only released mono 45’s when the US got stereo.

Back
Top Bottom