For sale: Rare or hard to find list of Carpenters items

I have that Karen Carpenter Japanese single of "Make Believe It's Your First Time" with "If We Try". It's one of those 3" CDs, but it's housed in a 5" J-card jewel case. From Discogs:

1610645891138.png
1610645910104.png
1610645929175.png
This disc pictured above was a promo sample on Discogs. My copy is a stock version that doesn't say sample in the inner ring.

I don't know how rare/hard to find it is, but I just bought (for a pretty penny) a 3" CD single, "Christmas Song" and "Winter Wonderland/Silver Bells/White Christmas." I'm planning on using track 1 for a YouTube 4k re-up of the "Christmas Song" performance on Carpenters at Christmas.

Here's the eBay photo.

s-l1600.jpg

I don't know how rare/hard to find it is, but I just bought (for a pretty penny) a 3" CD single, "Christmas Song" and "Winter Wonderland/Silver Bells/White Christmas." I'm planning on using track 1 for a YouTube 4k re-up of the "Christmas Song" performance on Carpenters at Christmas.

Here's the eBay photo.

s-l1600.jpg
I’ve got that CD. It was released in 95, of I recall correctly (I don’t have the disc near me), but it contains the remixes from the 1990-92 sessions.

Also, why are you upscaling the video to 4K? Even if you had access to the original tapes, the video was shot on 1970’s composite SD videotape, so there’s no film for 4K scanning! Upscaling to 4K is pointless.

I’ve got that CD. It was released in 95, of I recall correctly (I don’t have the disc near me), but it contains the remixes from the 1990-92 sessions.

Also, why are you upscaling the video to 4K? Even if you had access to the original tapes, the video was shot on 1970’s composite SD videotape, so there’s no film for 4K scanning! Upscaling to 4K is pointless.
I'm upscaling the video to 4K only because YouTube processes it differently than 480p or 720p. The YouTube processing for SD has a lot of digital noise that I'm really not a fan of at all.

I'm upscaling the video to 4K only because YouTube processes it differently than 480p or 720p. The YouTube processing for SD has a lot of digital noise that I'm really not a fan of at all.
That’s only if you upload a tiny MP4 (2-6 Mbps). If you go with a DV-AVI or DV-MOV, (25Mbps) there’s a lot more room for YouTube to compress it properly.

But also, composite and interlace video are forms of compression and software deinterlacing adds noise as well, since software just removes one interlace field and duplicates the remaining field in order to make the image progressive. Also with the DVD, “My Music” already upscaled the video to 1080i for broadcast and then down converted it for the DVD.

That’s only if you upload a tiny MP4 (2-6 Mbps). If you go with a DV-AVI or DV-MOV, (25Mbps) there’s a lot more room for YouTube to compress it properly.

But also, composite and interlace video are forms of compression and software deinterlacing adds noise as well, since software just removes one interlace field and duplicates the remaining field in order to make the image progressive. Also with the DVD, “My Music” already upscaled the video to 1080i for broadcast and then down converted it for the DVD.
I've tried uploading SD videos at ~20-40 Mbps with similar results.

Will try DV-AVI or DV-MOV at 25 Mbps and see how it works.

Thanks!

There are 4 versions of this cd in Japan. They all look the same. POCM-1540 and the limited edition & numbered gold cd POCM-9022, plus the 10th anniversary edition with a second disc of karaoke versions. So look for the correct cat.number above, if looking to buy one. The gold cd sounds clear and amazing.

I

Here's the eBay photo.

s-l1600.jpg
I have this one as well but not with the obi! 😍

For those who might be interested, I have a friend who is selling a rather extensive list of Carpenters items — many of which are rare, out of print or just hard to find. If interested, please PM me and I'll get you the list of whatever is available.
Hi there! Are there any items still for sale?

Back
Top Bottom