Foursiders: how many were there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
I'm trying to come up with the total number of Foursider albums A&M released, and their colors. I get this so far:

1. TJB (brick red/orange)
  2. Baja Marimba Band (darker red)
  3. Mendes/Brasil '66 (green)
  4. Sandpipers (deep blue)

How many more were there?

-= N =-
..."I've got a plan! I've got a plan!"... Aldo Vanucci, in "After The Fox"

Rudy said:
I'm trying to come up with the total number of Foursider albums A&M released, and their colors. I get this so far:

1. TJB (brick red/orange)
  2. Baja Marimba Band (darker red)
  3. Mendes/Brasil '66 (green)
  4. Sandpipers (deep blue)

How many more were there?

You're only missing one, big boy! Liza Minelli. By some counts Phil Ochs' Chords Of Fame could be called the Phil Ochs Foursider, as could a hand full of other double LP collections... Also, the sleeves for at least two (maybe all?) of these came two ways -- one with the black portion of the cover in solid black and the other with the titled contents in the black (the ones with the solid black came with a "disposable" black paper band listing the titles...

--Mr B
who remembers the TV commercials for these in 1973...

The Liza Minnelli FOURSIDER has a green and black background. This one, along with the TJB and Sergio counterparts, were reissued on CD, while Sandpipers and BMB were not.
Besides Ochs' CHORDS, other 2-LP sets which could have fit into the series include FAIRPORT (Convention) CHRONICLES, BEST OF THE MOVE, Humble Pie's ROCKIN' THE FILLMORE and LOST & FOUND and T-Rex's BEGINNINGS.
JB

Mike Blakesley said:
Sergio Mendes was yellow, not green. Perhaps you were thinking of GREATEST HITS? :?:

Yeah, that's probably it. I was trying to picture the cover w/o seeing it. Now I recall it was an orangey-yellow.

I'm only looking for official Foursider listings, mainly with the matching artwork. "I have a plan! I have a plan!"

-= N =-
...planning...

Rudy said:
I'm only looking for official Foursider listings, mainly with the matching artwork. "I have a plan! I have a plan!"

Well, the would make swell T-shirts, now, wouldn't they!

--Mr Bill
hoping he didn't steal too much of Neil's toondar...

Keep your hands off my toondar, or I'll smack you in the guza!

-= N =-

My copy of Liza's 4-SIDER is a white label promo. Instead of a cover sticker, "promotion not for sale" is die-cut into the front cover art. It has to be tilted a certain way to be seen. Several other 1973-74 vintage A&M promos have this feature.
JB

My Bacharach Greatest Hits LP is the same way. What's odd is that all I've ever seen of this LP have been promos...have never seen a standard issue of it!

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom