Glen Campbell on stage with Richard?

Walkinat9

Hi all,

Has any of you been to this Glen Campbell concert, back in 2001?

Ad in L.A. Times, Oct. 25, 2001

If so, do you remember if Richard joined Glen on stage to perform a song or two together? Maybe you remember which song(s)?
Or would he just have introduced Glen and then leave the stage all to him?
Would be great to be able to add another concert date on the Setlist.fm site 🤓

Greg

Interesting. I wonder if that’s our Richard? Bill Maher, Willie Tyler & Lester. That’s a stretch in liberal politics and black comedy. They’re hilarious, but not what I would think Richard would promote. Does anyone know for sure? Calling Chris May!

Interesting. I wonder if that’s our Richard? Bill Maher, Willie Tyler & Lester. That’s a stretch in liberal politics and black comedy. They’re hilarious, but not what I would think Richard would promote. Does anyone know for sure?

It must be - it was hosted at the Carpenter Performing Arts Centre. The website www.carpenterarts.org is mentioned at the bottom of the ad.

Karen and Richard also presented the American Music Award record of the year to Glen Campbell in 1976 for "Rhinestone Cowboy" and he sang "For All We Know" and "Close To You" on TV appearances. Do we know of any other connections?

Karen and Richard also presented the American Music Award record of the year to Glen Campbell in 1976 for "Rhinestone Cowboy" and he sang "For All We Know" and "Close To You" on TV appearances. Do we know of any other connections?

They both lived in Thousand Oaks and were friends, from what I've heard.
And they both had that same amazing bass guitarist on their records :guitar:

Campbell was also part of the Beach Boys for a while, so he probably sang in concert “Fun, Fun, Fun”. He was also on the Beach Boys “Pet Sounds” album playing banjo and guitar, but as far as I know, Karen and Richard never recorded songs from that album.

Back
Top Bottom