1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Gold records

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Song4uman, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member Thread Starter

maybe s really dumb question.
    I have seen on eBay, framed gold 45s with a picture sleeve. Are these something that someone made? Are they rare? Where did they originate?
    Jonathan

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

I know that on the official webpage Richard said that there are a number of fakes on the market as he still has his and Karen’s.

3. It's not just the artist who gets a gold record award. I have a cousin who was once a record promoter. He, too, got a gold record when a particular record hit it's sales target (and he has a bunch of them). I think you have to look at who the gold record is presented to...producer, promoter, artist, etc. If it's one presented to Richard and Karen, then yes, it's a fake. But it could be one presented to others who were involved in the production and sales of the record.

4. ...and there are a number of people who make a business of making gold records for sale to fans. Be careful if you're looking for a genuine one. They're easily faked.

But then again, if you're just looking for a decoration to hang on the wall, it doesn't really matter if it's genuine, as long as it looks good.