Gold records

Song4uman

maybe s really dumb question.
I have seen on eBay, framed gold 45s with a picture sleeve. Are these something that someone made? Are they rare? Where did they originate?
Jonathan

I know that on the official webpage Richard said that there are a number of fakes on the market as he still has his and Karen’s.

It's not just the artist who gets a gold record award. I have a cousin who was once a record promoter. He, too, got a gold record when a particular record hit it's sales target (and he has a bunch of them). I think you have to look at who the gold record is presented to...producer, promoter, artist, etc. If it's one presented to Richard and Karen, then yes, it's a fake. But it could be one presented to others who were involved in the production and sales of the record.

...and there are a number of people who make a business of making gold records for sale to fans. Be careful if you're looking for a genuine one. They're easily faked.

But then again, if you're just looking for a decoration to hang on the wall, it doesn't really matter if it's genuine, as long as it looks good.

Back
Top Bottom