Goodbye for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakeicer

As of July 1st I will be relocating, have no idea where, and don't know when I will have access to my computer again. Long story short, Carolyn, my late roommates mother moved here in March and last Thursday gave me 30 days notice. She doesn't want to live with anyone, wants to live alone and wants me out. So I am out each day looking for affordable housing in our area, rents are outrageous $1,100.00 for a one bedroom unfurnished apartment. I know I will find something, but don't know when I'll be back at the corner, so all of you take care and think of me once in awhile. I'll miss your postings, the updates on A&M artists and the laughs we share here.
P.S. Carolyns Mom is a big BOOB. Don't let any small children read this!

What a rip...and I feel absolutely powerless...there's nothing I can do but pray that you'll be safe and secure soon. After my divorce, I lived in 3 different places for awhile, and would frequently forget where I was...one day I was late to work because I forgot that I was staying at my parents' house, over an hour away from my job...some nights I didn't know just where I would be able to sleep, but I made it through the ordeal. You'll find something.

She's a real BOOB, all right...and something else I would get in trouble mentioning... :mad:

Dan

Shirl-$1100 for one bedroom unfurnished? And I thought my daughter had it rough in Hoboken,NJ(actually,she does-its about the same money,maybe even a bit more). One of my sons just lost his two roommates in Minnesota and is scrambling to find new ones by next month's due rent. Hey,if you want to live three time zones away and habitat in the opposite of SF(cool vs. not cool),I know of two three-bedroom apartments in this building here in the beautiful Lehigh Valley,Pa. that you could have for that kind of money. The two apartments -combined for $1100! The bakeries around here would have some real competition with you around here. Really,I hope good luck finds you in your search for new digs.Mac

AWWWW!!! *sniff*

Egads though...$1100 for an apartment out there? Jeez, we have luxury apartments several hundred yards away from the house here for that much. Or one could have a helluva nice house for that much of a payment...or rent a nice little house somewhere locally for half that. :confused:

One thing to do is sign up for a free e-mail account at Yahoo, if you won't be keeping full-time access. That way you can still check in from wherever (even a local library--many have internet stations) and get mail and/or surf over here.

Who knows? You just may find a *better* situation in the near future! :wink: Hang in there!

And thanks for the e-mail too...just haven't gotten around to replying to everyone yet. :wink: Home is someplace I haven't been for very long lately...

Neil,
Don't know about "Fighting for the worm" but I feeling like going to go eat worms right about now. I'll keep the Email account in mind, do they allow you to use the library computers in Pajamas? That's my usual costume when I am online.

Shirley e-mailed this weekend with the news...needless to say, I was shocked and surprised to hear it.

It's a blessing to note that Shirley has many friends (including myself) who are close by. I was pleased to hear that at least three people have offered accommodations until she finds a place of her own. Still, this doesn't make the situation any less painful. I Love Shirley, and don't want to see her suffer in any way. She's a kind, considerate person who gives to her community, is a great Mother and Grandmother, was a wonderful roommate and companion to Carolyn...the list goes on and on.

I'm with Dan and everyone else in wishing Shirley nothing but the best. And, as I told her the other day, she's a resourceful gal. I bet she'll soon find a solution -- perhaps better than her current situation. Change is always a difficult undertaking.

We're here for you, Shirl. You know how to reach me by phone -- and you know you can call day or night -- I'm only 45 minutes away. Mom said to tell you the same thing...we care! Just let us know if you need anything and we'll be there.

Jon

I'll be fine guys, but if you see a news report of a weird bag lady in California pushing a shopping cart filled with cake decorating equipment, don't worry, it's just me!

Oh, Shirl, this is definitely not nice news to get up to first thing in the morning! I really feel badly for you and hope you find something soon. Rents around here in NJ are outta' sight. But then that was already mentioned here. Wish we lived closer. I've got a spare bedroom since my mom went into assisted living. If you can find your way here it's yours! I'm glad Jon is nearby to help out if need be.

Neil mentioned using a free e-mail like Yahoo. Are you a Netscape user? They have free e-mail as well.

Gee! Sigh! This woman doesn't have any kindness in her heart, does she? Can't she wait until you can find something first? There aren't enough bad words to describe her, none that I can use in this post, that is!!

Keep us posted, girlfriend and, if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Marilyn

thestitch said:
Gee! Sigh! This woman doesn't have any kindness in her heart, does she? Can't she wait until you can find something first? There aren't enough bad words to describe her, none that I can use in this post, that is!!

Oh! Marilyn!! You hit the nail on the head!!! My Father's sister, my Aunt Muriel, was one of the most miserable people who ever walked the face of the earth. Hot and cold, mean and cruel. Hard as we all tried to be there for her, she was difficult and offensive. She passed away lonely and miserable. As a matter of fact, her son made the following comment at her funeral..."I'm so grateful for everyone who has come to pay their respects because God knows, my mother certainly didn't show a great deal of respect to any of you or anyone else..." How sad is that?

Shirley and I are close. We exchange e-mails every week or so. Her description of Carolyn's mother put me in the mind of my Aunt Muriel. When I mentioned the situation to my own Mother she said, "Sounds like your Aunt Muriel..." Some people are just this way. Nothing anyone can do to change it, and it's a shame.

I'm of the belief that Shirley will be better off away from this situation. Like me, she doesn't take well to negative influences in life. If anyone here could see the amount of charitable work Shirley does for her community, it would blow you away. I recently had to remove myself from a negative situation in my life as well. It's hard, but sometimes it's necessary and I'm better off for it. Shirley will be as well.

I believe Carolyn's mother has done Shirley a favor by asking her to leave. She'll be out of that negative environment and be able to look toward bright new horizons!

Jon

Although it's been a while I've participated here I just want you wish you all the best Shirley. I remember when you first posted around here and we became friends. I enjoyed talking to you through e-mail and here at the forum. Hope you'll be back really soon! Keep in touch! :)

Joe

cakeicer said:
So I am out each day looking for affordable housing in our area, rents are outrageous $1,100.00 for a one bedroom unfurnished apartment.

Holy $**t!!! $1100 for an apartment? :o That's just ridiculous. Maybe California ain't the place you oughta be! I hope you find something very reasonable real soon!

Capt. Bacardi

Hey Shirl!

Sorry to hear this has happened. Your Aunt Muriel sounds like my Aunt Ellie. Stern and mean and never a nice thing to say about anybody -- her way or the highway. SHe died in her easy chair where she spent 90% of her time. She was dead for three days with neighbors just giving a polikte wave to her corpse until one got curious that she was watching test patterns. Only me, my mom and her surving sister attended the funeral which was really sad for her.

At any rate I'm sure you'll find a place and land on your feet as all sharp, sweet and mature folks do. And we'll pray, too (not just for your success but for a kinder heart for the old witch :wink: ).

Glad to see Joe from Louisiana is popping back in. I guess school must be out, eh Joe?

--Mr Bill

Thanks Bill,
Yep, you've got to feel sorry for someone like this. She hasn't spoken to her sister in over a year because she voted Republican, and hasn't spoken to her son in longer than a year because he didn't paint her front door when she was up here visiting Carolyn one time. I have a feeling when she passes away there will only be her one daughter at the funeral and in the background you'll hear them playing "Ding dong the witch is dead"

I'm doing pretty well Shirl, I just feel terrible that while I'm checking back in, you're checking out! :cry:

And it's great to see you Mr Bill, and it's even greater that school is out, it's great to be able to just sit back and relax instead of worrying about test grades and other things like that.

Joe, NP: "Isn't It Lonely Together" - O.C. Smith

cakeicer said:
I have a feeling when she passes away there will only be her one daughter at the funeral and in the background you'll hear them playing "Ding dong the witch is dead"

HEY! I have an idea...try throwing water on her! :laugh: :winkgrin:

"Hail to Dorothy..." :wink:

I don't understand negative thinkers to begin with, but what bothers me more is how some of them like to drag everyone around them down into their little world of misery. I don't know if they want sympathy, pity, or just an outlet for their frustrations.

Shirley,

Holy Toledo! (Don't move there!!) I am so sorry to hear this news. Just to let ya know-I have two spare rooms now that my daughter has relocated to Northern Virginia. I know it's a big move, but it beats $1100 a month for a small box to live in.............

I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you find some peace of mind soon. I have to second the "pour some water on her" suggestion. And, believe me, Virginia definitely doesn't look like Kansas !!!

One of your many "family" members here at the forum,

Debbie

HEY! I have an idea...try throwing water on her! :laugh: :winkgrin:

"Hail to Dorothy..." :wink:

Neil, the funny part of this is that the womans name happens to be Dorothy! Should have been Elvira Gultch I think.

Thanks for the offer Debbie but I've been to West Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C. Georgia, and Kentucky in the summer months and the humidity nearly killed me. You do have some pretty Lightening Bugs or Fireflies there though, only time I have ever seen them. Like little Christmas lights blinking in the dark.

Holy $**t!!! $1100 for an apartment? :o That's just ridiculous. Maybe California ain't the place you oughta be! I hope you find something very reasonable real soon!

Capt. Bacardi[/quote]

I don't know Bill, I am going out to dig in the yard tomorrow, maybe I'll strike oil and move back to the hills instead.

My sympathies to you, Shirley. Here's hoping your plight will be temporary. What you describe reminds me of what happened to the hair stylist who has lowered my ears faithfully for over 15 years.
Her landlord kicked her out because she was babysitting her grandchildren in the shop during those critical after-school hours. Doing her part to prevent delinquency, and this was the thanks she got!
Turned out the building across the street was for sale; shop space on ground level plus a 2nd story living space. Somehow she got it together and bought the building, where she cuts hair and babysits, and lives upstairs to this very day. Last time I went in for a trim she told me the place will be paid for in full within 2 years.
Meanwhile, her former landlord's building's got lots of empty space.
Time wounds all heels, they say.
JB

cakeicer said:
I don't know Bill, I am going out to dig in the yard tomorrow, maybe I'll strike oil and move back to the hills instead.

Well, if you're digging in Carolyn's backyard the profits from that oil would go to the witch in all likelyhood. And she'd probably curse you for getting the yard all oily as she rakes in the dough...

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom